Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to put a procharger on my 615 bbc dragster motor .this motor is around a 1000 hp now on alky single enderle throttle body.i am looking for only 5-8 psi .its 14-1 comp .also i want to go from 2lbs to 8 lbs by changing pullies .is this deal posible? thanks all info would be great or recommendations .i dont want to lower the compression.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
I think you would be better off using nitrous. Only way you're going to keep it at 8 psi is a wastegate type set up or you won't have any boost down low. I'm sure Steve could tell you.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think you would be better off using nitrous. Only way you're going to keep it at 8 psi is a wastegate type set up or you won't have any boost down low. I'm sure Steve could tell you.
This is not just a simple deal. Blower wise I guess you could use a F1. The fuel system has to be spot on the money and it will take a bit of tuning.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Is the dude thinkin' he HAS to only run super-low boost because of the compression ratio? I can't see any other reason to only want to maintain such a low boost level, especially on alcohol. Just a thought, after I read the order of info', as-posted.

---==Temio Williams
Yuba City, CA

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I have run 12 lbs resulting in 6.90's in my dragster, but I'm 11.2 compression. Pretty sure that was 66/58 pulleys with some "engineered" leaks (holes in the hat).

Some specs: http://www.motorsportsinnovations.com/Race-Team/procharger1.htm

I have also gone 6.59 209, so I'd recommend getting the correct, cam, pistons & pins from Steve and have some fun ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts