Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a complete F2 serpentine belt for a friends 540 last year. He has a Camaro front clip on a '55 Chevy & we ordered the pump bracket kit AB012A000 from Steve. I'm guessing this is a Procharger kit?

Anyone know what power steering pump will fit a BBC with an F2. Can we use pump resovoir combined or is it a seperate resovoir.

Thank you

·
Registered
131 Posts
napa part number 811426 or 811255, one is with a bend in the feed tube but the bracket hardware wont work, the more expensive of the 2 is the one procharger uses in the manual I think its like 110 or so

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, we are in the UK so buying the right one first time is kinda important as it could get expensive havin' a shelf of spares. Is there one that works with the brackets supplied? I'd guess there is or the kit would be an expensive paper weight.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yeah its 811255 this is the one you would use with the ultra compact kit from procharger, and then a remote resevoir I just want to make sure were talking about the same kit. funny I just got mine on last week havent fired it my msd box crapped out, always something lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh, you can use the other one its the same pump excepet angled on the inlet and you have to use long bolts to attach the bracket instead of the bolts, but the angled inlet hit my gearbox and I couldnt tighten the belt.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silver, thank you very much for that info it's much appreciated. I'll get my friend in NJ to order me a pump & send it over. What sort of capacity should we have on the resovoir? A couple of quarts?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you again, most helpfull.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Hi Adam. How's it going? I don't know much about BBC's but if it's an 8 rib serp crank pulley with the v groove in front then a March or Zoops/Billet Specialities kit can locate the GM type II pump down low and clear the side slinger bracket.

This Saginaw type self contained is not what you want to do as it will foul the Procharger bracket....

You will need a remote reservoir and hoses with the pressure hose being Teflon and not standard braided steel....
An SBC set up similar to this BBC version fitted my Camaro cilp when I had a side slinger. Imagine the rear two v belts are the 8 rib.

I think pre '73 Camaro clips may have the steering box behind the front of the engine. It's worth looking at the March performance drawings and taking measurements.

I have a GM type II polished on my gear drive but also have an unused non poilished GM type II for sale. We can do a Paypal deal...There are Napa and KRC versions but the GM type II is widely available....

I tried the Procharger solution and found it didn't fit my application and came in two pieces and needed a Sun Solciste pump or something.. the March/Zoop version is one piece of aluminium and much stronger......

It says this on the site. Note: Check for clearance. From center of crank pulley to outside of power steering pulley is 11"

You will also need to measure and try various short V-belts in the 700mm range as far as I can recollect. There is not much adjustment due to the steering box/frame.

Also if he does run into a problem after you have measured, visit Alangroove's pulley site. Lots of bespoke brackets there....

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers, I think its a 69 Camaro clip in a 55 Chevy. Pump above already ordered so we wil see how it pans out. He has a remote res' he will be using.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Ok, sounds good. Just to be sure the connections to the steering box different from year to year. Later models are metric, earlier like the 69 are imperial.
The SBC 69 Camaro has the stock steering box behind the front of the engine. This will allow pump brackets
that put the pump low. Check the cross member clearance though.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts