Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at going swapping to a carburetor and was curious what plate you guys are running and like. Was thinking a nitrous pro flow or nitrous outlet stinger. Cam is small and a 220in 230ex 110ls what would you guys recommenced for a biggest hit?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine is a stock shortblock 302 trick flow twisted wedge heads with valve job by Kuntz flow [email protected] .500 will run a victor and not sure what carb to run either a 650 or 750cfm any input? Cam is a Anderson n41
When it was fuel injected it put down 315hp and 310tq at the wheels and on a 150 shot it put down 430hp and 490tq
Car has a tko500 and 373s

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Are you getting a complete nitrous system or a carbureted plate to use with your efi system components?

If the second, what kit are you starting with?

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Are you getting a complete nitrous system or a carbureted plate to use with your efi system components?

If the second, what kit are you starting with?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’m going to use my nx solenoids. They are from fuel injected setup. I might try and get a new bottle though maybe a 15lb

That nos wizard black wizard plate looks like it would work good. Has anyone tried that out and if so what drop have you tried the standard or extra 1 inch

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Carb call Jon @ IRD.

Plate wise you can probably go with any plate, because a motor that size and with that shortblock, you go start
Putting a big hit to it the thing is done... I would stop at 250, or an 82 pill however ya want to figure it.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Carb call Jon @ IRD.

Plate wise you can probably go with any plate, because a motor that size and with that shortblock, you go start
Putting a big hit to it the thing is done... I would stop at 250, or an 82 pill however ya want to figure it.

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
Last combo in my 76 mustang was a stock shortblock 5.0 from a 86 Lsc , I put on a victor jr intake with a 650 DP jetted 70-78 with pv and Kaase canted valve heads and comp flat hyd 292 cam [email protected] and 534 lift , Plate was a Zex perimeter , most i tried was a 125 shot with those heads of old jetting ( larger fuel jet ) it was 3050lb and i ran a best of 10.802 at 121 mph with a 1.37 60' on the rear tires. Fun car and combo , That was 6 years ago then i broke a oil pump shaft and pulled the motor and its been in the garage since , I finally started on that rebuild last week , The combo this time with that block is my first combo ever back in 94-95 which was flat top pistons , 1968 302 heads redone to stock specs , lunati cam 218 @.050 and 488 lift , 600 dp carb 66-73 jets , weiand stealth intake , It ran 13.80 at 100 mph and 11.60's at 116 mph with a 125 shot , Its going to be my emissions engine seeing how that combo always passed the sniffer test. I'm a packrat i guess seeing how i still had the parts all these years. I miss that ole street beater lately :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts