Yellow Bullet Forums banner

621 - 640 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
I hate to say it but my Beretta 92 FS has never ever let me down not one stove pipe. Not one misfire I've had the gun since 1987 it's not my most expensive gun but it's my most reliable gun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
My Glock 23. The 14th of this month will be a year since I cleaned it (little experiment of mine) with a couple thousand rounds through it since then and not one issue.

Ghost 3.5# connector, Tru-Glo TFO green front/rear sights and custom slide plate.

·
Registered
20,704 Posts
Other than ammo capacity, ultimate reliability is any traditional brand name center fire revolver, IE SW, Colt, Ruger, etc. My old Security Six in .357 has had something like 5000 rounds through it since I bought it from a pawn shop in San Diego in about 1970. I don't think there's been more than maybe two misfires, and THOSE weren't the fault of the weapon.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I carried a Glock 19 before my department switched over to Glock 23's-both gen 4. Both of them are great and I would (and do) put my life in the hands of them, but if I had to pick only one of the two I think I would go with the 9mm 19. I have NEVER seen a non-combat clearable malfunction with a 19, even with ones that guys were qualifying with that had thousands upon thousands of rounds through. In the couple of thousand rounds I have shot through my 19 I have only had ONE stovepipe jam and it was actually from another shooters gun on the line (I glanced down quick before executing a tap-rack-pull and saw what was distinctly a .45 ACP stuck in my ejection port).

My 23, on the other hand, DID have a fairly serious malfunction shortly after I was first issued it while in training. I had maybe 800-900 rounds through it at this point, I pulled the trigger and got nothing. The trigger pin had almost completely slid itself out and was just hanging on my a hair. Bad enough as is, but had it come completely out in a combat situation that gun would have been completely useless. A member of our training staff told me it was not the first time he has seen that happen since they began issuing the Glock 23's. It appeared that the pins were not fully seated on some of these firearms from the factory. I also witnessed one of our training staff's trigger bar break on his Glock 23, but he admitted the gun had thousands of rounds more than he ever expected it to spit out without having some kind of catastrophic failure. It was basically his test mule to see how far he could push it. Still, I tend to think with a polymer frame gun like the glock, the recoil of the 9mm may be a bit easier on parts than the .40.

I also like the 9mm for other reasons I won't get into because it probably isn't the right place to start a 9mm vs .40cal war.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I carry HK P30sk so I guess that'd be what I depend on. But my VP9 is so fuckin' sweet....

·
Registered
32,221 Posts
As for staking your life on a weapon.... NUMBERS

How many rounds to you have to put through one without issues before you deem it worthy?

How many rounds do you have to put through one without issues before you are worried about it having too many rounds down the pipe?

I put 40k+ through a Ruger P85 before it ever malfunctioned - and then it was the over-worked extractor spring.
I replaced the extractor spring and continue to carry as my truck gun - while still shooting it every weekend.
How many is too many and ready for retirement?

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,845 Posts

How many rounds to you have to put through one without issues before you deem it worthy?

How many rounds do you have to put through one without issues before you are worried about it having too many rounds down the pipe?

I put 40k+ through a Ruger P85 before it ever malfunctioned - and then it was the over-worked extractor spring.
I replaced the extractor spring and continue to carry as my truck gun - while still shooting it every weekend.
I'd rather have my Glock 22 over my Ruger P91.

The Glock ALWAYS went bang and parts are easy to find. The Ruger had feed issue but that was 99% LSWC ammo related. The bullet nose would wipe on the feed ramp and build up. Also leaded up the barrel which I was never able to properly clean. Gave it to a buddy who shoots muskets to clean and he gave up, but that wasn't the guns fault. Ranger Black Talon's in the Ruger had two FTF, one FTE but with Federal Hydrashok's no issues.

I'm looking for a carbine or two that will accept the pistol mags. Dang PC40's have went stupid on prices, will likely end up with a KelTec 40 carbine for a bugout/hiking/GTFO bag.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

I bought 2 of the P95DC brand new . Both have been flawless.

·
Registered
32,221 Posts
I bought 2 of the P95DC brand new . Both have been flawless.
I bought two P85s at the same time as well - back in 1985.
The one has been shot every frequently for 32 years... The other has had about 200 rounds put through it.
To look at them side by side, you wouldn't ever believe they were twins! LOL

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I bought two P85s at the same time as well - back in 1985.
The one has been shot every frequently for 32 years... The other has had about 200 rounds put through it.
To look at them side by side, you wouldn't ever believe they were twins! LOL
Funny I didn't have enough money at the time to buy 2 stainless , so I made a deal and bought one stainless one in black . Stainless one has been the main shooter with a bunch of rounds . Black one only has about 200 through it . Guessing that was 1999 or 2000

621 - 640 of 702 Posts