Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........for a 850 hp 3200# bracket car?

I have a c/4 in the car now I built that has been flawless, problem is the low gear is giving me fits with traction.

I know my way around a trans pretty well, really good with the Ford stuff but never been into a glide before. A buddy gave me one to use, I split it open and it looks as if it has stock internals, with maybe a 1.76 planet assy, aftermarket ring type turbo spline input, has a deep pan and brake. I guess what i'm after is how much will this and that hold. Will be using an Ultrabell to piut it behind a BB ford.

Thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
19,736 Posts
I cut off the stock 1.76 gearsets at around 500hp . Some will tell you all kinds of stories about how fast they go with them and I can tell you some stories also. The fact is when they smash it usually makes a bigger mess than just the gearset. If you can just get a 1.80 straight cut gearset , a good servo, 7 clutch high gear , teflon sealing rings and a 300M input shaft you should be in good shape.
The pump washer should be replaced with a bearing and the endplay should be set to .015"-.025" .

Hutch

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
Silver Bullet over on DRR has a few 1.80 straight cut BTE sets at a good price. Your car is too heavy with that much HP for stock internals. Alto thin clutches and steels in high, dual ring servo, steel clutch hub, and an aftermarket input shaft are all requirements. The rest of the parts you can get from TSR racing.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After looking over what I had to work with no way that crap is going in my car, the c4 stuff is a lot tougher lol.

May just save up and buy some good parts to build one over the winter, may stick a taller gearset in the c4, of just work on the suspension.

Might get the Footbraker *** to come and fix it for me lol.

Thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts