Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has come up missing after loaning it to a friend. Long story, but I might not see it again for a while, he's having problems, legal, life/warrant type problems and can't be located at this time.

That issue aside, what reasonably priced leak down tester should I get as a backup until I can get my good one back? I need it quickly as I have a couple of jobs that are calling for it. Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have had good luck with the OTC brand leak down tester. I believe I got it for around $60 off amazon. Exact same as snap on and mac, different color.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I bought the Jegs one, seems to be well made and consistent.

·
Ass, Gas or Grass
17,200 Posts
I like my Tavia!

·
Registered
10,291 Posts
What leak down tester do you like/cheap?
the one i made. cost me $25 for a pair of nice gauges off ebag, a regulator i had laying around, a piece of bar stock and some time on the lathe.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I bought a Harbor Freight unit and am going to return it.
It looks as nice as any out there but it is a low pressure unit. It operates on only 15 psi.
The better units operate at a higher pressure like 100 psi.

I borrowed a leakdown tester from a friend that operated at 100psi and the readings were way different.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I was going to get the Harbor Freight one too until I read the reviews and the instructions. Jegs and HF are the same drive for me soi got the Jegs one.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I have a Snappy and Mac one, i use for regular work but for race engines i like My Moroso one for its large gauge with graduations in 1 psi

1 - 20 of 22 Posts