Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just want to learn more,, I have only ran huidrolic cams. whats a roller or a solid cam do eney better... yea I'am just a Idaho ******* with a big power house truck...and I have learned a lot from you all...thanks a lot got the drivelines problem in my other thread.. fixed thanks bigjim500

MUD RULES ------PIN IT TO WIN IT----LEVER LIFT TO SHIFT
FordSux::-damnit

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey just want to learn more,, I have only ran huidrolic cams. whats a roller or a solid cam do eney better... yea I'am just a Idaho ******* with a big power house truck...and I have learned a lot from you all...thanks a lot got the drivelines problem in my other thread.. fixed thanks bigjim500

MUD RULES ------PIN IT TO WIN IT----LEVER LIFT TO SHIFT
FordSux::-damnit
The main difference between them all is spring pressure.Billet roller cams can handle the most spring pressure which allows more RPM before valve float. The roller cams also have a much more aggressive lobe design.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok when you say Billet roller cams..is that a namebrand I can google... and what is a soild cam? can you tell me what cam you run and what brand I have a 292 isky cam in the 500's it to me is big and I love it opened up in the mud the speedo was doing 94 mph tach on the rever limiter 6300 msd 6t and I was only moving about 12 mph and lost. we race 300' 27"deep
bigjim500

·
barndoorslammer
2,368 Posts
I have a custom grind solid roller from comp cams. You fill out the online form, and they will design/suggest a grind for your application. b.t.w. its also a 4-7 swap, I figured I'd go all the way with it;)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looey thanks when I put the t-g air gap intake on with a 250 shot fogged, I want to but a new cam in as I have pulled 7200 rpm with my bbc 468 more than once, and think I hurt the cam and lifters. so trying to learn all I can. I now have a revlimeter on it set at 6300. I think I could go to 6500-6600 and pul a bit more out but she does not like going over 7000. I'am pulling 450 hp with 566 lbs tor. at 6300 with no load on..

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
I have run Crane since the 80's! :-D:-D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Being a MOPAR guy, I only run Hughes Cams. I have tried just about everything, and no one even comes close!

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I recommend Bullet cams. Customer service has been great, with a great product. I dont have time to wait on the phone (on hold) for 15 to 20 minutes, and then get hung up on half the time (happened evey time I called Comp Cams). I also like Schnieder cams.

·
F.T.W. KILL EM ALL
10,841 Posts
what do you run now?
Yup i still am running my Crane.As far as what im going to run next(Hopefully i'll still be running my Crane for awhile)im going to wait & see if S&S does anything & then i will see.:p

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I have always ran Isky cams, they have some of the best springs and lifters on the market, at least in my opinion. I'm friends with one of the owners and he has always taken good care of me so I really have no reason to buy from anybody else. I don't think it really matters who you deal they are all good. I guess to a certain point customer service plays a big part too.:)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey bad 68 ...glad to here you run isky....I'am 43 yrs old and had a 260 isky in a 283 in hight school in a 69 chevelle and it kicked ass so I have been a isky fan,,, but my mud friends say there behind and that comp..voodoo kick big but.....what grind are you running...I just want to po nos 250 fogger kit and want to get a cam that right

bigjim468 I race 300' 27" deep

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
hey bad 68 ...glad to here you run isky....I'am 43 yrs old and had a 260 isky in a 283 in hight school in a 69 chevelle and it kicked ass so I have been a isky fan,,, but my mud friends say there behind and that comp..voodoo kick big but.....what grind are you running...I just want to po nos 250 fogger kit and want to get a cam that right

bigjim468 I race 300' 27" deep
Mine is a 4/7 swap roller that is a custom grind. I'm building a 18* 632. If you want Isky send me a pm with your number and I'm sure I can help you out.:-D

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts

·
Misanthropist
3,142 Posts
BigJim: Welcome to the 'Bullet. Where you from in north Idaho. I lived in Coeur d'Alene for several years.
Drop me a PM, and I can set you up with the guy that does all our custom cams (of any type, make, style, brand).
Cheers! :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts