Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm curios what kind of bottom end parts these guy's are running in these1800 to 2000hp motors. what rods and crank are standing up to this power and living.considering the tune is right meaning no detnation let me know thanks

·
Registered
1,779 Posts

·
Registered
7,854 Posts

·
Registered
15,983 Posts
Ohio Crackshaft!!!

I ran a lunati pro-crank and grp rods on my last chevy nitrous motor 250 passes on 3 kits and no problems whatsoever.

A word of warning to 70 SS ,

I help tune a friends hemi dragster 14/71 50% over and we were at 10 runs and checking the rod bearings when we discovered a 1 1/4" long crack running all the way through the 7/8 rod journal starting at the fillet. Long story short if we had not been lucky as hell it would have destroyed our entire engine. The quality on the OHIO is pure crap ( I did not build the engine I would have never put it in, it is visually a totally inferior piece) we put in a Sonny Bryant crank, this piece is a whole lot better than the Lunati I had in my motor but in my opinion if you are running a centrifigal blower the Lunati or any other top grade forged crank will suffice as long as your tuneup is correct, on the other hand if you are running a roots at 50 over where you are using 4-500 hp to drive the blower then you should shell out the extra money and get a Bryant or Winberg.

Richard Gavle

·
Registered
407 Posts
I ran a lunati pro-crank and grp rods on my last chevy nitrous motor 250 passes on 3 kits and no problems whatsoever.

A word of warning to 70 SS ,

I help tune a friends hemi dragster 14/71 50% over and we were at 10 runs and checking the rod bearings when we discovered a 1 1/4" long crack running all the way through the 7/8 rod journal starting at the fillet. Long story short if we had not been lucky as hell it would have destroyed our entire engine. The quality on the OHIO is pure crap ( I did not build the engine I would have never put it in, it is visually a totally inferior piece) we put in a Sonny Bryant crank, this piece is a whole lot better than the Lunati I had in my motor but in my opinion if you are running a centrifigal blower the Lunati or any other top grade forged crank will suffice as long as your tuneup is correct, on the other hand if you are running a roots at 50 over where you are using 4-500 hp to drive the blower then you should shell out the extra money and get a Bryant or Winberg.

Richard Gavle

have made 20 pulls on the dyno so far at 1500hp at 25lbs we just checked the motor and everythings perfect , thanks for the info

1 - 18 of 18 Posts