Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 248 Posts

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
IMO, the younger generations........ Not as many "car guys" & "gear heads" within the ranks of the younger males. Just look at the number of teens that don't get their licenses right when they turn 16 compared to generations past.
And in years past many of us were driving for a couple of years before we were old enough to get our hardship license.

·
Registered
‘99 Camaro
174 Posts
IMO, the younger generations........ Not as many "car guys" & "gear heads" within the ranks of the younger males. Just look at the number of teens that don't get their licenses right when they turn 16 compared to generations past.
i agree. And it seems to be mostly idiots that are into cars. Do-nuts in intersections, etc all making a bad name for it. Not the same kind of hot rodding back in the day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As a 25 year old I feel like it's all the bull shit that is now an entertainment option for the uninitiated. It's an all day event in many cases to attend a race. Something people my age do not have the patience for. Too busy with their heads in their phones being consumed by meaningless shit. A refusal to be a part of something real while being entertained by videos of shit they'll never do. I go to every door car race I can and watch the rest on Flo. Recently decided to start building my TA into a bracket car. I feel it's also harder to reach audiences to get them informed of racing. Social media gears its advertising based off your interests so they'll never see it. Also at the same time of radio ads reaching minimal people with the ability to dial up our own music and shows that don't play local ads. Best we can hope for is for it to come back around if the world really works in cycles. I wish I was born sooner, I hate hearing about how I missed the height of the ADRL and IHRA pro mod.

1 - 20 of 248 Posts