Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found one I liked 2001 with 57k miles price is 5k under blue book...are they like Volvo and BMW to where you have to go to a brand specific service center? Pros/Cons? Any info is greatly appreciated. Thank You

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had an 03 IS years ago for about 6 months I can't say a bad thing about it other then I wasn't a lexus type of person and shortly after buying it I went back to a pontiac lol. I believe you still have to go through lexus for parts (a friend of mine with one recently told me that). If the car is clean I wouldn't hesiate buying it.

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the fact its 5k below kbb value raise any red flags?

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Good cars and no they aren't anywhere near BMW pricing for parts or service, my parents both have lexus cars and never had a problem. I have a BMW and while I haven't had a problem and it's still under warranty I know if I ever gotta get something fixed out of pocket it'll be wayyy more than a comparable Lexus part.

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ill ask for a carfax tonight it was the dealers service techs car...im trusting he took care of it. I love of all things that its rear wheel drive

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2jz....I heard that before in the import scene. What makes it great??

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mechanics (aka Technicians) CAN be the worst, when it comes to vehicle maintenance!...

Would you want to spend your spare time, doing what you do ALL day?... :smt102
That is a good point...

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
2jz....I heard that before in the import scene. What makes it great??
Same motor as the Supra minus the turbos and a few other small differences. Super reliable in stock form, and that motor will hold 700-800hp(With some head-studs and probably a cam upgrade) if you decide to throw a turbo on it.

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wont have the luxury to see it personally as im still overseas...ill pass that on to have looked at.

One thing I learned...dont modify your daily driver

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
I wont have the luxury to see it personally as im still overseas...ill pass that on to have looked at.

One thing I learned...dont modify your daily driver
They are good cars Duke!...
My daily driver is an Accord with 300K+ miles on it, but they do require a degree of maintenance!...
Honda/Acura, Toyota/Lexus, Nissan/Infinity are ALL good/reliable cars (IF taken care of)!... :cool:

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
A Lexus is a Toyota, therefore no different then getting a carola fixed...

As far as BMW, I work on them.... The parts aren't any more expensive and they are (for those that know how to work on them) wayyyyyyyy easier to work on, built more like a racecar then a street car. Which means lower labor costs... At least at my shop it does... Lol

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Cool guys I appreciate the info...im just waiting to hear back. Any idea on a 1/4 time stock??

·
Fuckin love chicken.
3,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I mean...a turbo adds efficiency haha Id consider it. Its not a 100 shot dry kit :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts