Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Whoever asked about account freeze, this was in an old thread in here.

Credit Freezes are Free: Let the Ice Age Begin
It is now free in every U.S. state to freeze and unfreeze your credit file and that of your dependents, a process that blocks identity thieves and others from looking at private details in your consumer credit history. If you’ve been holding out because you’re not particularly worried about ID theft, here’s another reason to reconsider: The credit bureaus profit from selling copies of your file to others, so freezing your file also lets you deny these dinosaurs a valuable revenue stream.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I haven't checked in several years (don't really care), but I was in the 8's. Then, I closed a floorplan I had (dealer LOC) with a $1,000,000.00 availability and my fuckin' rating went DOWN.

I'll never understand how they come up with their hair-brained numbers.

You have no credit.... It's low
You have some credit.... It's in the 7's
You have great credit with endless avalibility..... It's in the 8's
You eliminate credit you don't need or use..... It goes down
WTF
I'm no banker or credit expert but I think if you have available but not used credit it shows-

-You aren't overextended

-You have some discipline

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Mine is 762. Not higher because I paid off and canceled all my credit cards about 15 years ago. The only things that I owe on are the house and my wife's car, totaling about $60,000 of debt. I have only ever had one loan go to full term, without being paid off early.

·
Registered
25,211 Posts
Whoever asked about account freeze, this was in an old thread in here.

Credit Freezes are Free: Let the Ice Age Begin
It is now free in every U.S. state to freeze and unfreeze your credit file and that of your dependents, a process that blocks identity thieves and others from looking at private details in your consumer credit history. If you’ve been holding out because you’re not particularly worried about ID theft, here’s another reason to reconsider: The credit bureaus profit from selling copies of your file to others, so freezing your file also lets you deny these dinosaurs a valuable revenue stream.

The ignorance about freezing accounts is amazing.

I do business with a bank that offered a nice cash rebate credit card for Amazon purchases.
I decided to call them and ask them which credit agency(s) I needed to unfreeze to get their card.
(This was back when the agencies charged you to flip the freeze, I don't think they do now)
The lady I talked to was really disturbed when I told her my accounts were frozen.
She acted like I was trying to pull some kind of scam.
This is a woman that works for a bank and she was basically clueless about credit...

·
Former RJ instigator
39,207 Posts
No earthly idea, I've never checked it, but every time I apply for credit somewhere they always smile and say, wow, you want to buy something else?

·
Idiot Savant
163,091 Posts
I haven't checked in several years (don't really care), but I was in the 8's. Then, I closed a floorplan I had (dealer LOC) with a $1,000,000.00 availability and my fuckin' rating went DOWN.

I'll never understand how they come up with their hair-brained numbers.

You have no credit.... It's low
You have some credit.... It's in the 7's
You have great credit with endless avalibility..... It's in the 8's
You eliminate credit you don't need or use..... It goes down
WTF
You answered your own question.

·
Idiot Savant
163,091 Posts
Mine is around 850. I find it funny that it has never benefited me in anyway. Never been turned down for a loan but they have never said, oh my, because you pay your bills we are gonna give you something special or better......just sayin.
Go in to a dealership and buy a car with a 680 score and you'll learn the difference.

·
Hugely Awesome Member
8,078 Posts
I forgot Yellow Bullet is the land of everybody bangs nothing but a 10, they wipe their ass with hundred dollar bills and they all our own 7 houses 3 lakefront cabins and have not taken out a loan or a mortgage since they were 18. In reality most motherfukers that are living a good life have a credit score of around a 700 and have some debt. When everybody here says they don't and pay everything in cash yada yada yada most likely drive a 95 Hyundai and never leave the trailer park.
Fuck you are an ignorant yank

I drive a KIA

·
48,003 Posts
Yep, it's pretty fucked up that if you don't take out loans your score will never be stellar.

My take is owning a home outright is better than having a mortgage but that's not the way it works...
BINGO!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
794, but just got hacked last week so don't know whats going to happen.
Got a letter today from Bank of America asking if I really opened a credit card account with them last week.
The answer is NO, but can't call them until Monday.

·
Busy being a cunt
29,293 Posts
I am and don't forget a broke dick who knows nothing.
I will stick to my lowly 700s score & meager existence.
I might have to see if you can cosign on my next JC Whitney build.
You appear to be taking this whole affair quite hard squire, though we are many months from it I need to ask.......RUOK brother ?

·
Registered
416 Posts
You all are lying fuckbags. Not many people sport above 800. Yet every YB member has excellent credit. A site with fucking losers, dreamers, and no car.
?????????

·
Busy being a cunt
29,293 Posts
You all are lying fuckbags. Not many people sport above 800. Yet every YB member has excellent credit. A site with fucking losers, dreamers, and no car.
?????????
If the 56 participating members in this thread are "Every YB member", Astroglide really has fucked up this place ?

·
Registered
7,624 Posts
How did you do that?
I need to do the same, I haven't had a loan since the early 90's and I don't think I'm going to need any.
Call the 3 major credit score companies and they can do it for you and you will have a password that only you have so that only you can ever unlock it.

101 - 120 of 152 Posts