Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
20,599 Posts
Depends on which credit reporting agency you go by.

804, 826, or 842 .

Take your pick...….

·
Registered
562 Posts
Interesting story . I do not check mine or care what it is but, a friend and I went to Vegas years ago. This was when MBNA was supporting the race there. So everytime we walked out of the hotel half naked girls signed us up for a credit card. We put down we didn't own a house ,little income ,no job ect because we did not want to receive any credit cards.I ended up with 21 Tee shirts for the weekend.
About 6 months later I was relaying this story to a friend who sells real estate. He laughed that all those applications would have played hell on my score . I Don't use credit ,don't care. We pulled up my credit report. Holy crap here were 21 applications for credit cards all turned down. My credit score was 630, no idea what it was before. I still have some of the tee shirts.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I went 15 years without borrowing a dime and over 20 with no credit cards. I had everything paid off. My insurance just kept getting higher and higher. A lot is based off of your credit score. So I got a couple bull shit cards, then financed a new truck. That got me up around 700, now in 740 ish manly because my history is only 5 years.

·
43,999 Posts

The highest credit score you can achieve (under perfect circumstances) is 850 using the FICO model. However, any score over 740 is generally considered to be great and puts you in range for the best interest rates on things like credit cards, mortgages and car loans.
What is the Highest Credit Score? (Perfect Credit Score)
www.creditsesame.com/blog/credit-score/what-is-the-highest-credit-score/

·
Registered
20,599 Posts
What's credit?...I wouldn't be happy that I had a "number" , means fk all in real life LOL

If your homeowners insurance and auto insurance company don't use your credit scores in determining your premiums, then good for you.

But, if yours is like most, you pay more for car and homeowners insurance the lower your score is.

But, if you don't care about paying higher rates for insurance, then credit scores don't matter.

·
Trolling the Trolls
14,163 Posts
If your homeowners insurance and auto insurance company don't use your credit scores in determining your premiums, then good for you.

But, if yours is like most, you pay more for car and homeowners insurance the lower your score is.

But, if you don't care about paying higher rates for insurance, then credit scores don't matter.
Go in and talk to your agent, they will take care of it.

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Roughly 800, use 4 credit cards to manipulate roll over and due dates to pay off each in full every month. Haven't borrowed money since I bought my trailer 21 years ago. Out of debt in 9/01 real shortly after the towers went down.

·
Registered
20,599 Posts
Go in and talk to your agent, they will take care of it.

I currently use Farm Bureau of Michigan.

My agent recently quit, died, or got fired. Not sure of which. Got a letter from the Parent company telling me "he is no longer with them" .

Not sure what that means...…...

·
Beyond old
3,543 Posts
That conversation got a bit heated to say the least........LOL
And yrs later, is she still trying to follow up on your suggestion: "Go fuck yourself"?:)
After 35 yrs, my ex is. She has to. No one else will have anything to do w/ her sorry ass.

·
Registered
12,704 Posts
I get a lot of 0% loans with no pre payment penalty, so depending on who the report is through, it’s either 840’s or 860’s.

for those that “pay cash”, there isn’t anything wrong with that. But low interest loans are worth looking in to. Take $75k out of the bank that was averaging 8% returns, for what? You can get 0-2% loans and extra rebates when it comes to vehicles, with no pre payment penalty.

21 - 40 of 152 Posts