Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
T/S 368E
35,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I admit, don't follow P/S, and don't pay much attention. I do like checking results on all the class' in qualifying.
I notice he has #4 speed & #14 ET. He has done that a few times when I check. Why is his ET & MPH so far off.
He's been doing this a long time, can't be lack of clutch knowledge, can it?? Knowledgeable insight wanted.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Everybody struggles once in a while. Did you see the John Force DNQ?.:smt103
johns been struggling for a while it seems. Ever since Erics crash, he has been a different man it seems like and I dont blame him.
WJs issue is probably rear end setup. ET is traction related, MPH is power related.

·
T/S 368E
35,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Like I said, I notice it more on his car. So more than likely it is a clutch type issue?? More than shocks?? Chassis set up?? Ect ect.
Just wish I had more knowledge.

·
Registered
1998 Trans Am small tire bracket beater, 1965 GTO street car , 1965 GTO LDR(clone) in progress
6,448 Posts
I think hes having issues with the car so far, it isnt 60' as good as everyone else.
he's always up top in MPH because he makes probably the most or almost the most HP.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
You can go back many years and you will see the same thing. Before two years ago Warren never got red but got sucker punched out of the gate frequently, just winning by chasing down the other cars. That was Warren's style for many years. REd light on Baton Rouge one time many years back Bercause clutch blew.

A couple of years ago he started tying to catch a better launch and improve his reaction times. Results were and are Inconsistent reaction times and many more reds than all his previous many years of racing, or blowing the tires off it, or skating bad, and don't forget tire shake.

If you will look even in races he is a DNQ his mph is still up higher than ET should be. If he qualifies in the middle of the pack his mph will be near the upper end of the pack. That is just Warren.

ED

·
~ YB Monster crew ~
20,664 Posts

I admit, don't follow P/S, and don't pay much attention. I do like checking results on all the class' in qualifying.
I notice he has #4 speed & #14 ET. He has done that a few times when I check. Why is his ET & MPH so far off.
He's been doing this a long time, can't be lack of clutch knowledge, can it?? Knowledgeable insight wanted.

It's because he sucks donkey balls lol

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
in denver on the first qual. friday night he had so much clutch in the car it brought the car to its knee's .almost stalled the motor and had to abort the run .Kj
's car was simular but he still got down the track .I think It's in the clutch In Warrens car what he's gaining in the top end he's loosing to the 330 .I saw them doing clutch in Kurts car and it looks like they are running between 6 to 6.5 dia.
maybe have to go back to a bigger dia. the window on those small clutches are not very big .mph doesn't win races

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Doesn't any of you also know that the crew WJ has are all or mostly rookies? He has several from Sam's School on board this year.

Ed

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
WJ has always had graduates working with them, even when he was whoopin ass.

·
Registered
292 Posts
For what it's worth. This is one of those, I herd it from a friend of friend type thing, But I was told WJ would rather play with the tuneup in the motor and keep a bunch of clutch in the car. I don't know WJ or any of his crew personally but this came from a reliable sorse who does.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts