Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For an outlaw 8.5 car?? What size wheel works best?

Thanks!! :D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... That REALLY helps. LOL

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I did a 1.32 60 Sunday on the rear tires, first time out with nitrous ironing out some new combo issues. I run the Hoosier 8.5 on a 10 inch rim. Small block s/s leaf spring car, 3340 lbs. Seem to work very well for me.

A lot of guys tried the M/T at an 8.5 race here last year and the results were less than stellar. My car loves the Hoosier 8.5's, probably could have got a mid to high 1.2xx out of it if I had enough time.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did a 1.32 60 Sunday on the rear tires, first time out with nitrous ironing out some new combo issues. I run the Hoosier 8.5 on a 10 inch rim. Small block s/s leaf spring car, 3340 lbs. Seem to work very well for me.

A lot of guys tried the M/T at an 8.5 race here last year and the results were less than stellar. My car loves the Hoosier 8.5's, probably could have got a mid to high 1.2xx out of it if I had enough time.
Any pictures of what the tire and wheel look like? As far as being stretched on the 10" wheel.

A buddy was telling me that the Goodyear slicks where actually a little taller, But if the Hoosiers work better so be it. :supz:

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
I can get some when I get home. I'm in New York at the moment and supposed to leave Wednesday.....but not getting my hopes up, the weather may not let me. Especially, since I have to go home through Chicago.

It's the C11 compound tire and has a very stiff sidewall. Looks very good on the 10 in my opinion. Not anywhere near as stretched out as you would think.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, Thanks for the reply.

·
ProStock Jackstand Winner
25,123 Posts
Any pictures of what the tire and wheel look like? As far as being stretched on the 10" wheel.

A buddy was telling me that the Goodyear slicks where actually a little taller, But if the Hoosiers work better so be it. :supz:
Gy and Hoosier are almost identical in size. GY are still behind the Hoosier on performance, but they are working on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Those look good on a 10" wheel. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
A certain someone down here in TX running 5.teens-5.twenties had custom 11" rims made for 8.5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts