Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Ford Mustang GT (only actual Ford parts are the body panels)
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering because I have a hall effect dizzy with Fast 2.0. Would a hall effect flying magnetic crank trigger work better with my system or a crank trigger system that plugs into the MSD with the 2 wire harness?

·
Registered
93 Ford Mustang GT (only actual Ford parts are the body panels)
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only difference I could see is that with the HE would be controlled by the xfi where as, using an MSD box from the 80s, it would just fire at wherever it's set up at. I feel like I just answered my own question lol

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Thats not exactly correct above. The other sensor is inductive and gives an analog sine wave shaped signal. The Hall Effect is a digital square wave signal. There are Hall Effect sensors that are also designed to work with a magnetic trigger like the MSD, Hyperactive or Innovators West wheels. This is the best possible design in my opinion since it cures any chance of false triggering and the controller receives the preferred square wave signal. MSD makes a magnetic Hall Effect sensor that works with their boxes and all EFI systems. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Also amplitude of the square digital wave of a hall effect signal is set... a VR sign wave amplitude varies with signal speed... faster the signal (higher RPM) the greater the amplitude of the wave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts