Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
Cooler... Hey Local!

Hey - a local! And soon-to-be-competitor ! Haven't officially met ya at the track - soon enough I'm sure. Just finishing up my 72 Nova 588ci for the HotStreet Class.. been a long fricken process.. but should be worth the wait.

I have always used the B&M SuperCooler with the 1/2 npt threads on the bottom. Seems to work real well.. atleast with my old T400 footbrakin'...

Look forward to gettin' out soon and running with you guys.. Scotty is gettin' close too.. with his monster Ford.

Take care - and nice rig!! That is a mean beast!

Jeff Mill

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's what I have now. Just wondering about flow rates. I'm hoping to get my tranny problems resolved. 4200 lbs and transmissions don't play well together. That motor should scoot that nova pretty good. Ron needs the competition! Hope to see it out soon. It will be nice to have a larger field. See ya at the track!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Fin n plate is far more efficient than a tube cooler.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
says the guy who put the smallest cooler in the world on his car...:-D
There is another one along the chassis Andy. The one I bought from you just wouldn't fit the available space.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the stacked one now need to put a temp gauge in to see if it's cooling enough. Maybe it would be best to add a fan to it.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Stacked plate will clog up eaiser in case of some sort of failure. A tube, although less efficent will pass larger crap through it.

If you have room pick up a ford f250-350 "v10" cooler. It is huge and will cool like the dickens...yes the dickens.

·
from across the pond...
6,961 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Andy, thanks for the advice. To be honest I don't see me getting into the transbrake this year. It's almost done and I see this year or what's left of it learning how it handles and driving it down the strip tentatively. I'll take your advice on board though and replace the two small ones for a big ole bugger in front of the rad for next season.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stacked plate will clog up eaiser in case of some sort of failure. A tube, although less efficent will pass larger crap through it.

If you have room pick up a ford f250-350 "v10" cooler. It is huge and will cool like the dickens...yes the dickens.
I've always had success with tube and fin I'm leanin hard to go back ...a peace of mind thing . It seems to be clean and flow ok.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.