Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was hit by a city truck while parked on the side of a road at a job site. city has admitted fault. my truck is worth 32k on nada, you cannot find one similar to mine for under 37k retail.

the truck has over 15k in damage(it has not been put on a frame machine, but one of the leaf spring packs is out of whack so it may be bent a bit) but the insurance company wants to repair it (i disagree, but thats not the point of this post).

my question is.

what is the truck (2012 ecoboost fully loaded) worth now that it will be wrecked and repaired.

confused and worried about this whole thing. thanks for any advice phuckers.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If the third partys insurance is paying the claim, you probbaly have a case for a diminished value claim. Not all states recognize DV, look into this.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the third partys insurance is paying the claim, you probbaly have a case for a diminished value claim. Not all states recognize DV, look into this.
the state i live in does. they said they would pay it when i sold the truck. i dont really believe them though and want the money up front before i take my fucking from the dealership

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Dented tailgate is $15,000?

·
Banned
14,510 Posts
Try to get rid of it anyway.

That's always going to be on it's record.

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
the state i live in does. they said they would pay it when i sold the truck. i dont really believe them though and want the money up front before i take my fucking from the dealership

If it was a MoDOT truck, good luck gettin any extra money outta them. A lady my wife works with was hit by a MoDOT truck 10 years ago, and stll hasn't seen any money for her diminished value claim. She sold the car 1 year after the wreck and has been fighting them ever since.

·
Registered
19,310 Posts
did it hit something in the front can't really tell by picture, looks like the frame is definitely twisted what does the gap on the pas front fender look like compared to that of the drivers side it will take some hours on the frame machine to get that square again. shame Good looking truck. I would fight for the DV claim but Have to tell you after that frame i straighten and put back together it will probably be better then when you bought it as Frames get tweeked when the get shipped and even when they are on the assembly line.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
did it hit something in the front can't really tell by picture, looks like the frame is definitely twisted what does the gap on the pas front fender look like compared to that of the drivers side it will take some hours on the frame machine to get that square again. shame Good looking truck. I would fight for the DV claim but Have to tell you after that frame i straighten and put back together it will probably be better then when you bought it as Frames get tweeked when the get shipped and even when they are on the assembly line.
the impact somehow knocked me out. i always wear my seatbelt but was about to get out of the truck to remove some material from the bed for the job we were doing. so when it knocked me out i went forward into a pole. its hard to tell in the pics. sorry i was groggy.

i am really glad to hear that it can be straightened and be ok. thank you for that.

to the poster that asked if it was BroDot, no it was the city of topeka.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts