Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is an extended cab, 2 wd has the 7.3 with a garrett turbo system put on it in 94 I believe. All service records up to 80,000 miles All original paint and interior. NO scratches dents or dings.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is alot nicer that you find most 03/04 models listed as nice. I figure the 7.3 is barely broke in. Most 91 sell cheaper because no turbo but this one was converted to a turbo so waondered if that added value.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it had a turbo system installed at the dealership in 94-95 i believe and the thing flat out runs. You hold it to the floor and it will eat the tires off through 2nd. If a teenager had this truck he would run it to the ground for sure but the guy is 75 so no hotrodding going on.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Well it had a turbo system installed at the dealership in 94-95 i believe and the thing flat out runs. You hold it to the floor and it will eat the tires off through 2nd. If a teenager had this truck he would run it to the ground for sure but the guy is 75 so no hotrodding going on.
Just tell me where it is and I'll go check it out for ya ;)

·
Registered
12,487 Posts
i would think if its super nice it could bring $5K+

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
It's worth what someone's willing to pay. I just put a new motor and trans in mine. 393 sbf deal converted to a carb I have almost 6k in just that. Mines an 89 reg cab 4x4. Pretty hard to find a nice truck for under 5k if u ask me. If its as clean as u say I would think the seller wants more then 5 for it.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
No more than $5K. Remember it is a 21 year old truck even with a turbo still not that much power. Take it for a ride and understand it is not a speed demo highway cruising is no more than 65 and that is pucjing it. Just is what it is. If it suits your purpose that is all that is important because it looks like you are going to keep it for some time. In the end the ultimate retail value is not important. My $.02

·
Trump Voter NRA Member
6,800 Posts
A truck like that is worth more than you can actually get for it. I had a 1989 F250 7.3 that I bought new drove for 21 years and 280,000 and sold it for 3k, it was mechanically perfect, and had some rust issues. So if it's as nice has you say it will last a long time and probably get 15-17 MPG.

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Being a 2wd diesel, it would be hard to sell around here no matter what year it is. People wanting to pull a camper is about the only people buying them.

I have heard those engines don't like boost. The heads aren't thick enough to take it and they have gaskets issues. I habe a banks kit that I picked up to throw on my low mile '92, but have decided against it.

I would rather have a mid 90s 'stroke (I have a '96 and '99 too), and when you get into the $5000 range, you can find them.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Miles don't matter that much, I'd be worried about all the sitting it has done in its life.
It has been drove weekly to church and back and sometimes to get groceries. Pulled a trailer one a year to family reunions. No leaKs anywhere icluding motor tranny intake diff. etc.Engine looks great. No rust dirt etc.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wonder if the 94 heads work on block or something cause the turbo kit has been on many years

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
depends who wants it really.. you find a guy who wants to pull his camper and have a nice reliable older truck and has other vehicles your better off.. if you find a guy who wants to do landscaping and crank on the miles you get less.. any truck today isnt worth what it says.. you have 10 year old silverados worth 8-9k with the rockers falling off. only gonna happen more as trucks just keep getting more expensive.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I can get the truck for 3k and was gonna drive it for a bit till I find a low mile 7.3 for a good deal. I will do a little more homework on the motor cause it has a turbo and some say the factory heads hate boost??

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just tell me where it is and I'll go check it out for ya ;)
Close to you actually. Fenton Mo. but he is a friend of a family member who doesn't have it for sale yet. I just asked what he would take for it and he said 3k and I looked at it and drove it. I really want a crewcab and at most would drive it for a year or until I find what I want then try to recoupe as much as I could. If it wasn't in such great shape with all the maint. records etc I wouldn't even consider it.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts