Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am no mopar guy and would like to get some info on a car I got in trade. It seems to be a real rare car and I was wanting to sell it and I want a good starting price on the car so any help would be appreciated.

1970 dodge cornet 440
its not all original I belive the motor is the original but they took all the six pack off and has a single plane intake with a single carb now.. the drivers side front fender was replaced..

I belive it was a super Bee but the title numbers dont help me out..

the Dash says its a cornet 440 and It has 200mph on the speedo
here are some pictures of the car.. the Paint job is a good 10 pace back it looks ok there is a little bondo in the normal spots of a old car like this one..

it is also not the original color it was the mopar orange then they painted it the lime green..

Motor runs strong

I am just wondering about a starting price on the car.. thanks I do know the info is pretty vague

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

I know there are some mopar guys who can help me out with this one...

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
I believe that the eighth digit in the VIN will be a V if it is a 440 six pack car and a U if it is a 440 4 bbl car. Go to
Moparts.com. There is a lot of info there to help you.

·
Registered
6,510 Posts
Also to be a 440 six pack it would have to be a Super Bee or a Coronet R/T. I don't think any Coronet 440 models came with a six pack. You will need to decode the fender tag to get all of the true info on this car. The fender tag is srewed to the inner fender behind the battery toward thhe hood hinge.

·
Registered
290 Posts
"Coronet 440" is a trim level not an engine option. A Cornet 440 could have a 318 in it.

What is the vin? And does it match a solid body Vin stamping.

·
Registered
712 Posts
The 5th digit of the VIN is the engine code. V = 440-6, U = 440-4 Post the VIN up so we can see what you have.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here are the numbers on the door piller TO-02123/TO-102123

The numbers on the drivers side fender are

E44-D31-820-S77
N1-1X T.
A31-002123-FW-223

wHEN i LOOKED IT UP THE NUMBERS DID NOT MATCH THE CAR ON THE FENDER

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Coronet 440" is a trim level not an engine option. A Cornet 440 could have a 318 in it.

What is the vin? And does it match a solid body Vin stamping.

WHEN i LOOKED UP THE 1970 ALL CAME WITH A 440 OR A HEMI IS THIS CORRECT? i DONT KNOW

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
where else would the vin be located the tag in the windshield is gone? thats why I am asking for all the help..

·
Registered
712 Posts
There's no VIN on the driver's side of the dash? The VIN is also on the bottom line of the fender tag...driver's side inner fenderwell. No title?

If it's a real R/T then it was either a 440 or hemi car. Super bee could have been a 383, 440, or hemi.

Pics don't work for me...work computer. I'll look when I get home though.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
yes it has a title but the vin numbers on the title are the door piller numbers ...Kinda weird huh I do know the guy the car came from and i KNOW ITS 100% LEGIT JUST CONFUSSED ON THE NUMBERS

·
3,084 Posts
its a long shot, but if the seats are original there is a bulid sheet in the rear seat back cushion stuffed in the springs

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seats I know are not original .. These are rare cars i belive only 2219 made Is this correct? I got this info off the net..

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
would there be a vin number stamped in the frame some where? I would think it would be somewhere in the frame

·
Q(t)=ṁCpΔT
28,142 Posts
This VIN will be stamped on the radiator core support on the passenger side.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts