Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whats everyones definition of a street car?
Stock appearing with "small tires" or is it any car with tags and
insurance?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Lights
Wipers
Tag
Insurance
Pump gas
Able to drive anywhere w/out overheating and or having a heart attack.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Street car? Or daily driver?

Street car = legally streetable as is.

Daily driver = car you actually drive daily

·
Registered
476 Posts
Street legal means just that. It should be licensed, meet local regulations for streetablity, turn signals,brake lights,head lights, DOT tires-Street slicks OK, gas you can buy at a local station or close by. E85, or 93 unleaded, & is insured.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Over here we run our 'street cars' regularly on the street. How does a 1200 mile round trip to Nurburgring in Germany over 5 days taking a drive around the 'ring' sound. 1200 miles, 5 days, 57 gallons of fuel. In a 1953 ford anglia, 355 sbc, best time 10.24 1/4 mile at 136mph. THATS A STREET CAR.
There was also a 1969 firebird convertible, 400 cu, th350. An ac cobra replica, 400cu sbc.
What a blast!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
as long as it passes inspection and has tags and insurance ur good pump gas doesnt have anythign to do with it. least not around here

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
If they will give you plates and insurance you are pretty golden in my book..

BUT big tired gutted wanna be street cars are lame in my opinion..

·
Registered
740 Posts
people that claim their car is a streetcar because it has small tires, yet they won't actually drive it on the street are the lamest of all.

a streetcar actually gets DRIVEN on the street. and not just onto the street and up on a trailer. let the street decide what is or is not a streetcar.

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
If they will give you plates and insurance you are pretty golden in my book..

BUT big tired gutted wanna be street cars are lame in my opinion..
Everyone says that........till they build one themselves to stay in the game!

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Everyone says that........till they build one themselves to stay in the game!
I don't know they go pretty darn fast with a 10.5 non W, i think i will be safe for a long time. Also i think for the most part the extra weight the luxory items add don't slow a car down that much.

It isn't the 70' and 80's any more were we don't have the technology to build HP and needed to cut as much weight as possible.. If gutting my car knocked off a half of second i think i would deal with it so i can enjoy the comfort of my car instead..

·
Registered
15,065 Posts
I don't know they go pretty darn fast with a 10.5 non W, i think i will be safe for a long time. Also i think for the most part the extra weight the luxory items add don't slow a car down that much.

It isn't the 70' and 80's any more were we don't have the technology to build HP and needed to cut as much weight as possible.. If gutting my car knocked off a half of second i think i would deal with it so i can enjoy the comfort of my car instead..
Maybe your forgeting what real street car building is all about.............build what you want......not whats in style or what everyone else has!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Maybe your forgeting what real street car building is all about.............build what you want......not whats in style or what everyone else has!

X2

Harder to lead than follow.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Well i do agree everyone should build what they want but then you have to have concern if you want to fit in a category. You and i both know Grudge racing you need to show less than what you have.

So big tire tin canned cars are not going to have much luck unless they can find others like that to race and unfortunately big tire car's are a thing of the past to todays budget racers.

That and today most people are building fast drivers so if you are looking to do some grudge racing you have to follow suit to a point unless well you have the tuffenuff small dick syndrome and you have to build a promod wannabee to just throw at anyone for a race as long as they are 2 seconds slower.. lol

1 - 20 of 93 Posts