Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can you do with a car like this? It's to slow to run a Quick 8 race and win,It's a little to fast and expensive to bracket race,And I don't really have enough time off for T/S racing on a National level !Is there a fast Index Class Interest? With all the people out there with cars from 4.20s to 4.70s there should be some were or some thing we can run other than Test & Tune?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Absolutely no good at all. I'll be over this afternoon to pick it up so you don't have to fret over this any longer. Honestly, from the photo, it looks like a very nice car. De-tune it and bracket race it until you can step it up a little and run Quick 8s. Run T/S at close divisional races and enjoy the car. Good Luck, Charlie.

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
I think they have some 4.70 index races down by you.

·
Registered
497 Posts
What can you do with a car like this? It's to slow to run a Quick 8 race and win,It's a little to fast and expensive to bracket race,And I don't really have enough time off for T/S racing on a National level !Is there a fast Index Class Interest? With all the people out there with cars from 4.20s to 4.70s there should be some were or some thing we can run other than Test & Tune?
gettin rid of ALLyour money

·
Registered
8,019 Posts
i just had this discussion last night.
my dad says what are you going to run with the car this year?
i said i dont know? divs suck they cant prep a track. plus the divs take to long for little racing.
cant just go bracket race at the local track. prep is not good enough.

i dont have enough h.p. to run heads up.
i came up with big bracket races. they have good track prep and racing. plus run brackets at the heads up events. track always is good.
OR go buy a 565 1000 hp for a bracket engine to pound on. 565 will make this type of car consistent as hell.
plus im going to start a new trend grudge bracket racing. 1000 dollars, 1 pass off the trailer no score boards pick your dial lets rock... lol

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I had a ton of fun with a 4.40 car,and did win heads-up races with it!

My son also ran T/S with it.

·
Registered
13,320 Posts
Will it run a 4.40 with radials??? I have a plan:cool:

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
If you can lie and call it "stock suspension" and it's on 315/60/15 radials you can be a contender.

·
Registered
672 Posts
why not bracket race it, local tracks around me pay better in the bracket races then they do in the heads up classes. thats why i have stuck with brackets, return on investment seems to be better. and more rounds mean more fun. six rounds of dial in for $1500-2000 is alot better then 3 rds for $500 of heads up or index racing.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm gonna look into this Renegade Race at Piedmont, I think if your not in the 4.20s or better your wasting your time trying out for the Big Dog Race! I run a 4.90 Index thats a blast, But my Big motor is nasty fast on motor and I would
like to run it some this year.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
why not bracket race it, local tracks around me pay better in the bracket races then they do in the heads up classes. thats why i have stuck with brackets, return on investment seems to be better. and more rounds mean more fun. six rounds of dial in for $1500-2000 is alot better then 3 rds for $500 of heads up or index racing.
Where do you race?

I want to bracket race there!

BUT I want to heads-up race any where but THERE!
3 rounds for $500 I wouldn't start the car.

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
It seems there is tons of racing in the VA area from what I see on this site. In my area there are tons of TS races during the year. What is your combo? There are lots of TS cars I see running well into the sixes and very consistently also. That may be a good thing for you. Back it down a bit and run on the number everytime, and you will be a contender every time out. Nothing wrong with a consistent 6.70-80 car. Good luck finding something.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Where do you race?

I want to bracket race there!

BUT I want to heads-up race any where but THERE!
3 rounds for $500 I wouldn't start the car.
i race in MD capitol raceway pays $2000 in class 1 and $1000 in class 2. mir pays $1500 for 6 rd race and $2000 for 7 rd race in top. / and $700 for 6rds , $1000 for 7 rds in mod. cecil county pays $1700 if less then 64 cars, and $2000 if more then 64 cars in super pro. / and $1200 if less then 64 cars , and $1500 if more then 64 cars in heavy. each track calls there classes somrthing difrent basicly they are electronics and no electronics classes. when i say the heads up and index races dont pay enuff im looking at the slower classes. i havent looked at what the fast classes pay. but i do know the slower classes pay from$300 to $500. i think the faster classes pay $1000 but im not sure.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
i race in MD capitol raceway pays $2000 in class 1 and $1000 in class 2. mir pays $1500 for 6 rd race and $2000 for 7 rd race in top. / and $700 for 6rds , $1000 for 7 rds in mod. cecil county pays $1700 if less then 64 cars, and $2000 if more then 64 cars in super pro. / and $1200 if less then 64 cars , and $1500 if more then 64 cars in heavy. each track calls there classes somrthing difrent basicly they are electronics and no electronics classes. when i say the heads up and index races dont pay enuff im looking at the slower classes. i havent looked at what the fast classes pay. but i do know the slower classes pay from$300 to $500. i think the faster classes pay $1000 but im not sure.
Those tracks are all close enough to take the DRAGTERS to.I think we will,Thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Those tracks are all close enough to take the DRAGTERS to.I think we will,Thanks.
there all 1/4 mile tracks if that matters to you. but mir does run a lot of 1/8 mile races.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My car runs 4.40 @ 160 on motor with a glide and a 4.10 gear, I was hoping to find a index or something in the 4.50 to 4.70 range so I can just short shift it and still have some fun with it . I'm tired of just looking at it in the floor, I want to put it back in and have some fun with it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts