Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
LEADING THE FREAK PARADE!
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't seem to find what I am looking for. I saw Edelbrock had a dual plane intake, bit I would like to have a single plane one. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Norm

·
Registered
21,313 Posts
B&A Performance used to make a single plane Clevor intake called the 'Track Boss'. B&A went out of business and the rights to the intake were then bought by Bush Machine. Apparently Bush also went out of business and the intakes were being sold by Speed World in Ft. Smith, AR. Keep in mind the contact info I found is a couple of years old so I don't know if they're still around.

SPEED WORLD, INC.
2120 JENNY LIND
FORT SMITH, AR 72901
PHONE: (479) 783-3225 FAX: (479) 783-8445

If they don't make a Track Boss for an 8.2" deck height (302) block then your other alternative is to contact www.pricemotorsport.com. They make intake adapter plates so you can use a 302W intake with 351C heads on a 302W block.

·
Registered
72 Posts
you can still buy b&a manifolds I just bought one last year , they are still made just in small numbers. I will try and find who I bought it through, he is the only one who sells them.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Speed world was bought out, and it's now owned and operated out of town. Scott is working for the guy that bought it though. I can get there contact info if you need it. I don't know if they still deal with these intake's or not.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
concerning
POST # 1
POST #2
POST # 3.

A 302 block ( 8.200"tall deck)
with a cleveland head on it,

IS NOT A CLEVOR...

a CLEVOR is a 9.200 deck block with cleveland heads.

the intake manifold WIDTH is different for EACH deck height block,

and the water passages have to be modified to make each flow properly, depending on style of passages in the intake manifold.

what you have described as a 302 block with a cleveland head,
.... is a "fake" Boss 302...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think Brodix cast those intakes and another guy , can't remember his name, machined them.
Check with Mark or Jeff at Brodix.
There was one on E-bay a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
the original castings from back in the day were kinda thick and heavy....

on a 8.200 deck block with a stockish original cleveland head.. an original BOSS 302 intake will bolt right on...
but kinda pricey if you can even find any.....

but you must alter / add water passage to heads.

and I aint sellin'....!!!

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
concerning
POST # 1
POST #2
POST # 3.

A 302 block ( 8.200"tall deck)
with a cleveland head on it,

IS NOT A CLEVOR...

a CLEVOR is a 9.200 deck block with cleveland heads.

the intake manifold WIDTH is different for EACH deck height block,

and the water passages have to be modified to make each flow properly, depending on style of passages in the intake manifold.

what you have described as a 302 block with a cleveland head,
.... is a "fake" Boss 302...
Back in the '80s, when this head swap was first being done, "Clevor" meant putting Cleveland style heads on a Windsor block. The 302 is in the Windsor family of Ford engines. So, Clevor could be a 302, also. The old term for the "fake" Boss 302 was Bogus Boss. Just sayin':cool:

·
Registered
13,485 Posts
and the TERM /......CLEVOR ....was coined by Joe FONTANA...

I worked with him along with many others in the local area back then....

and the term "bogus boss" was coined by car craft mag writer...in an article....

and then was used by the maker of the intake manifold....B / A....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts