Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a Sonny's 565 from a guy and it has Dart 320 heads on it,but look to have been CNC'd so actual CC's Im not sure about.

Talked to Sonny's and the guy said to run a Vic. Jr. 454-R intake manifold. Seems kinda small to me for a larger CID motor :confused:

Idea's anyone?

·
Procharger Power
23,972 Posts
Recently acquired a Sonny's 565 from a guy and it has Dart 320 heads on it,but look to have been CNC'd so actual CC's Im not sure about.

Talked to Sonny's and the guy said to run a Vic. Jr. 454-R intake manifold. Seems kinda small to me for a larger CID motor :confused:

Idea's anyone?
The heads are what's small. Personally i'd go with the Super Victor. 2970 is the part number. If you can find one of the CNC'd versions they are even nicer.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heads are what's small. Personally i'd go with the Super Victor. 2970 is the part number. If you can find one of the CNC'd versions they are even nicer.
I thought so too but I thought that intake they said would make it worse....guess I was wrong.

Thanks for the PN.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The 454r is normally good for up to about 512cuin with some port work done to it. The Super Victor can support up to 600cuin with little or no port work done. They both like at least a 1" spacer or more - such as a Super Sucker and a 1" spacer. I have this combo on my 548cuin with 325 Pro 1's - it made 880hp/710 lbft of torque and it is not an all out effort. With the Super Victor you will have room to grow if you decide to go bigger with the engine.

·
Motorboatin SOB
10,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 454r is normally good for up to about 512cuin with some port work done to it. The Super Victor can support up to 600cuin with little or no port work done. They both like at least a 1" spacer or more - such as a Super Sucker and a 1" spacer. I have this combo on my 548cuin with 325 Pro 1's - it made 880hp/710 lbft of torque and it is not an all out effort. With the Super Victor you will have room to grow if you decide to go bigger with the engine.
Thanks for the info, Im sure in the future it may go bigger.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
theres also the dart and merlinx and the smaller one from profiler not the sniper i forgot the name of it.its kinda hard to pick a manifold without a idea what cc intake port is.what is the compression and cam.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had people tell me to use pretty much that same combination ,bmf 330/ 454r manifold on the same size engine. It has alot to do with the weight of the car, and intended use. 4000+ lbs. that is a driver.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
i would just go with the super vic.maybe the rehermorrison one that comes with some work done to it and there anti reversion/spacer plate combo.it works well on engines very much like yours.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts