Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got this about 4pm today i was working on new shortblock and had my air grinder out and used it on and off and i was kneeling and when to get up and stepd on it and it went off and the cutting disc came aprart and got me.

the disc came apart and itcut thru my eyelid and hit the eye socket bone.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Lost a bunch of skin and almost had to get a skin graft on one of my shoulders from cleaning oil off the transmission tunnel underneath using Super Clean and it collected on my tee shirt while on my back working off a creaper. Had bandages from the tips of my finger totally covering my hands all the way to my arm pits and the skin that was left looked like celophane a day later. I have a high pain threshold and kept working even though it had attached my skin to my shirt. When I was in the emergency area at the hospital I had a clear substance that was thick coming out of my skin and attaching to the chair, they took me right in. I had used Super Clean before but never had it do that to me before.

·
Registered
203 Posts
well i forgot to tell a buddy of mine that when you take the bolts out of the water pump while the engine is on the stand , the pump might come off. well, while he was not looking it came loose and broke his big toe.. i was rolling in the floor. how come other peoples pain is so damn funny?

·
Budget Beater
1,504 Posts
Jackstand broke and my car dropped on me, luckily the car (79 Malibu)was stripped out at the time and I was able to lift it up enough to slip out with just some bruising

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
We've all done it but here's a good case for the wearing of SAFETY GLASSES. Thank god you didn't lose the eye.

·
Registered
971 Posts
i had a floor jack hang up under a car. i jerked on the handle, causing in to come out. damn near knocked myself out. had a concussion and 3 stitches.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yea it hurt like a MF'r and bled like a stuck pig, but at least i got to sit in the waiting room for about 2hours blleding while the common cold people when first lol.

·
Real Estate Tycoon
16,959 Posts
got this about 4pm today i was working on new shortblock and had my air grinder out and used it on and off and i was kneeling and when to get up and stepd on it and it went off and the cutting disc came aprart and got me.

the disc came apart and itcut thru my eyelid and hit the eye socket bone.

Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is EXACTLY why you wear safety glasses while running equipment like this (or while using any liquid solvent). Let the "cool guys" say what they want, your eyesight isn't worth losing, period. To answer you're question though, I had a bad cutoff wheel on a die grinder seperate in the middle at the arbor, get into my left index finger, and about take the tip clean off. A trip to the ER and 6 stitches later, my fingertip was sewed back on.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not trying to sound like a dick, but this is EXACTLY why you wear safety glasses while running equipment like this (or while using any liquid solvent). Let the "cool guys" say what they want, your eyesight isn't worth losing, period. To answer you're question though, I had a bad cutoff wheel on a die grinder seperate in the middle at the arbor, get into my left index finger, and about take the tip clean off. A trip to the ER and 6 stitches later, my fingertip was sewed back on.

its kool...i should have been wearing. i wear em about 10hours a day for the shop i work in.

the reason i wasnt at the time i was in the process of removing the timing chain cover to pull the crank. and it was on the floor so my mistake of leaving tools laying around almost cost me my eye

·
veritas aequitas
2,204 Posts
sbcs10 if you ever need some assistance give me a shoot i'm only a few minutes north.
those fucking disc cuts are the worst the hurt like a sumbitch.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Broke my left thumb right behind the nail, doc said it's hard to break the thumb there. i said not when you drop a 6ton bottle jack on it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts