Discussion Starter #1
What heads should I get
e85
13.5-1
3400lb car
single sv-1
sniper intake
7500 rpm

I have looked at rfd, dart 355, afr 357.

What do I need?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I like Dart's personally. If you want max performance your gonna have to have them worked no mater what brand you buy. I have a set of Dart Pro-1 325 cc heads that were about 360 cc's and flowed about 411 cfm I had on a 525 ci and they now have been worked to about 380 cc's to go on my new 572 ci motor and they will flow 450 cfm's.

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
I have the same darts that supernova runs and am happy with them. I really liked the RFD's, but new pistons and shaft rockers were not in the budget when I upgraded my heads( had my current dart 345 ported).

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
RfD's is what i would run Curtis really knows his stuff.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a set of dart 310's that I was going to have ported, but rfd anddart don't have a program for that head so I put them up for sale. Does anyone know who I could send these to?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know what needs to be done to the 355's to get the most out of them? I am leaning toward these with a 2.35 valve.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
im putting a set of dart 355s on my new build 565 all we are doing is giving them a 50* valve job and just touch them up in a few places. and porting a super victor the only thing with putting alot of money in your 310s are that when you go to get more cubic inches they are taxed out and you will have to buy another set.
i like the pro-1 335 heads on the 555 heavy car, and can be worked to work with a 565 if needed

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm going to run this on the street so I don't think a 50* valve job is in the works for me. Are you running the 2.35 valve? What kind of flow are you getting?

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
2.30 valve, stock they flow 413intake 304 exhaust dart #s, they are being worked right now and they didnt make it to the bench yet. if darts #s end up being close they will be somewhere around 430 range give or take when finished

·
Registered
20,824 Posts
Has anyone ever bought anything from awsome engines?http://awesomeengines.biz/dart-pro-1-335-355-380-fully-cnc-heads/ This seams like a good deal with the 2.35 valve upgrade.
Any of these CNC style heads are "Puppy Mill heads" the same CNC program for every head its not made to your combination. This is where shops like RFD excel its a Custom CNC for what you have, and intend on doing with it. You get what you pay for if Your Just looking for CNC your in trouble, have you seen those "Light Beer" ads on TV?:smt102

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
Has anyone ever bought anything from awsome engines?http://awesomeengines.biz/dart-pro-1-335-355-380-fully-cnc-heads/ This seams like a good deal with the 2.35 valve upgrade.
Thats not a bad price. Do you already have your short block built? How bout shaft rockers for the 310's, if so are the rockers compatible with the 355's as they are a different casting vs. the standard pro1's.

If you dont have shafts and need pistons the RFD's are only $400 more than those darts and probebly will make 50+ hp more.

·
$carface
1,547 Posts
Depending on your pistons, careful with a 2.350 valve... I found out mine were "scrubing" the pocket on my JE's ... not bad enough to hurt parts but you can clearly see it on every piston.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I already have my short block. It's not assembled yet though. I have srp #231510, 36cc dome. Does anyone know if these will work with the rfd's. I would prefer to get the rfd's, but the ones for $400 more than the darts arn't built specifically for your combo according to the website.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
like others said with that srp the radial clearance may only be big enough for a 2.30.even my shelf stock je nitrous pistons were only good for up to 2.30 without cutting.

·
Registered
14,747 Posts
If you want peak power in the 7200+ rpm range, look for something with a 2.400 valve. Probably RFD if you want CNC, maybe could do a Profiler 320 with a 2.400 and hand porting. I don't think the entry would need to be enlarged, just bowls and short turns with the 2.400. The port openings in the 290 ovals is almost big enough (CSA) so I imagine the 320's would be plenty. I'm going to do a set of 290's for a 565, but much lower peak power rpm. The 2.400 would definitely need some piston clearance.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts