Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm about to rebuild my twin turbo Windsor engine and after some opinions on a decent set of alloys that will take my current headers and intake manifold, I currently run stock ported iron heads

The engine is a 351ci Windsor, with efi and twin gt35/40 turbos, I run custom built 1 5/8 4 into 1 headers, the engine has made 695rwhp but I want to step this up to 1000rwhp

I plan to change the heads to alloy an run a solid roller cam this time so hoping for advice on these, any help is much appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi I'm about to rebuild my twin turbo Windsor engine and after some opinions on a decent set of alloys that will take my current headers and intake manifold, I currently run stock ported iron heads

The engine is a 351ci Windsor, with efi and twin gt35/40 turbos, I run custom built 1 5/8 4 into 1 headers, the engine has made 695rwhp but I want to step this up to 1000rwhp

I plan to change the heads to alloy an run a solid roller cam this time so hoping for advice on these, any help is much appreciated

Thanks
CFE Blue Thunder, AFR, Brodix or Trick Flow.

·
Registered
487 Posts
If it has to fit your stock heads/intake location, I think AFR 185s and TFS TW heads are your options, the others mentioned above have different port locations.
-J

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes has to fit my current intake and header location, at this stage I am not willing to change these parts, thanks for the replies so far.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Vic jrs

·
Registered
110 Posts
Vic jrs....great turbo heads

·
Registered
7,748 Posts
Victor jr is a really good choice.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for everyone's reply's, like I said in the first post I must be able to retain my current intKe manifold, and use my current headers, I should be right with a raised exhaust port I have some wiggle room, and at worst I'll change the header plates, but I really wanna just make it a bolt on deal

From the bit o research i've done the vic jr are looking like a good choice

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is not a factory block, it has a scat rotating assembly, when the motor started out it was a factory block with stock crank and rods with forged pistons, a better bottom end was built last rebuild and now a better top end this time around, it's been done in stages as money allowed

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Sorry for asking, just haven't seen factory heads on an aftermarket block that way and I was real worried about the block at that power level.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
TEA has a really nice program for the victor Jr. I would also consider the hiport from them even if it meant swapping header flanges. Cutting the old ones off and rewelding a hiport flange would be worth the trouble for that head.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No problem, it's just slowly been upgraded as funds allowed, I felt block and rotating were more important than heads at the time so I went that way, now it's time to upgrade the heads, once again thanks to everyone that has replied, your help is appreciated

1 - 20 of 29 Posts