Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The headers we have are not for a tall deck and will not fit for shit. Passenger side goes right in, but the drivers side is hitting everything. Had to beat it all to hell to get it to go in and its still hitting the steering box.

What kind of headers are you guys running with a stock style manual steering box? He's wanting to buy a new set for it, but wants to be sure everything is gonna clear before he spends the money.

Thanks

·
RED ROCKET
8,630 Posts
put rack and pinion on it and you have all kinds of room....

when i had dart 360 heads on mine(tall deck) i used hooker supercomp race series headers2 1/4 tube

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put rack and pinion on it and you have all kinds of room....

when i had dart 360 heads on mine(tall deck) i used hooker supercomp race series headers2 1/4 tube
It has rack and pinion on it now and it fuckin sucks. You can't turn this bitch around in a 40 acre field! And now with the BBC the pan won't clear the rack so he wants to take that garbage off and put the factory style manual gear box back on it. I think he's got the wrong oil pan on it myself, but that rack and pinion wasn't worth a shit anyways.

·
Registered
521 Posts
It has rack and pinion on it now and it fuckin sucks. You can't turn this bitch around in a 40 acre field! And now with the BBC the pan won't clear the rack so he wants to take that garbage off and put the factory style manual gear box back on it. I think he's got the wrong oil pan on it myself, but that rack and pinion wasn't worth a shit anyways.
You need to put the rack on the front instead of behind the crossmember. Look on trz's website. I've seen the dynatech fit the manual box tho

·
CFH
2,879 Posts
I had to use 1" spacers under my moroso solid motor mounts got get my short deck bbc in my nova. Would tall deck headers work in my situation? I have 2" hooker comps on it now and need something bigger and there are tall deck headers for sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts