Yellow Bullet Forums banner

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
26,500 Posts
I went 10.16 @ 132 weighing 3400#s in a 69 Nova with a pump gas 93 434 sbc with afr 235 out the box and Harland sharp 1.6 rockers, cam was 264-272 624 648 on a 109 lobe sep. 4.11 gears 4000 ptc 10inch nitrous coverter 28 in tall tire. I was foot braking and this was first time out. Car had more in it. So a 235 head is good for high 9s all day and you don’t need a shaft mount setup.
Not bad at all.

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I have several tractor pullers as well.

[email protected] 1/8 mile
[email protected] 1/4 mile

LMAO. That's been 10 years ago now. You're still talking about it.

Just think if every engine builder had the equipment to do blocks, they wouldn't be sending them to guys like Carl.
What does the amount of time it happened have to do with it?

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
What does the amount of time it happened have to do with it?
Well most adults move on. I didn't sell anything to him. I had it all worked out with the customer, then he got involved.

And you surly understand there are usually two sides to the story.

Water under the bridge, I learned and moved on.

He can talk all he wants, but all it does it mess up a thread.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
It breaks my heart to see the two guys that are really my go to's for what they do, at odds with each other, over an issue from 10 years ago. I consider them to both be the best at what they do.
23 degree head? LOL yeah Chad is certainly your man.
As far as timing: That is one thing I always cover before starting a project with any vendor. What is the timing expectation and what can they deliver. If my expectations aren't realistic from the get-go, then I'm probably going to end up unhappy.

·
Registered
54,910 Posts
As far as timing: That is one thing I always cover before starting a project with any vendor. What is the timing expectation and what can they deliver. If my expectations aren't realistic from the get-go, then I'm probably going to end up unhappy.
Realistic or not, I have been lied to and outright screwed by so many vendors/shops in this industry I take my stuff 3 hours away to be machined.

·
FHRITP
49,928 Posts
I have learned if a engine shop or cylinder head shop/guy says 4 weeks you better figure 4 months, not trying offend anyone it's just been my experience. Some have been way longer!. Because of this I trust no one anymore.
While I few your pain, chad has always been timely with my stuff. And really fair on everything

·
Big Trev is a great guy!
16,497 Posts
Carl could be gold plating blocks for free and I still wouldn't buy shit off him.....spends way to much time online running down and shit canning everyone he feels is beneath his lofty standing. I support the guys who just get it done without the self congratulating and arrogance...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for some recommendations for my dad's 414 SBC. This will be pretty much race only going in a 3350lb Nova. Goal is high 9's on motor and we will probably throw a 150 shot on it.

Let me apologize right off the bat for not having 100% of the details on the motor. My dad just picked it up and the machine shop is going through it as I'm writing this. The cam is a small base circle solid roller that Nox Vidmate VLC makes low .700's on both sides. The rest of the combo is a LittleM (4.125 x 3.875), H-Beams and a domed JE piston the previous owner said made 14:1 on his old combo. The valve pockets are for 23 degree heads and not looking to change pistons.

We have about $5000 to spend on heads, lifters, and shaft rockers. I'm not extremely familiar with SBC stuff...was looking a AFR 245's and similar. Would they get us there? Seem to be in the price range.

Thanks for your time!
It has AFR 235 heads on it, .700 lift cam, super Vic intake and a 1000+ 4150 carb.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Well this thread got off track. And to think I was going to ask about a head and cam combo to make a 700hp 406. Still think I would purchase from Chad.

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
7500-8000 rpm. 14:1 6" rods.
AFR 245 heads
Cam
[email protected] intake
276 exh.
.800 lift intake after lash
.780 exh after lash
112 LSA
108 Intake center line.
At least 1050 dominator with dominator intake, super Vic.
Spin it 8000rpm
It'll make well over 700 HP if the bottom end is built right and good ring seal.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts