Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a R-block 331. When I bought the block it was already o-ringed. Would like to spray it around 200 at some point. Whats everybody using?

·
Registered
844 Posts
You can also fill the grooves with copper wire, file it flat and use MLS gaskets. Works well.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
If you use copper head gaskets make sure you spray plenty of copper coat on it. Ive used both copper gaskets make by SCE and I have to use copper coat on both.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What all is involved in removing the o-rings and filling them? What material should I use? And do you need to have the block re-decked. Does anyone know if you need to plug the lower water jackets on the R-Block? The motor was built by a young kid and then the project was given up so I walking in blind to this whole thing.

·
Super Moderator
9,257 Posts
I just removed the steel o-rings and replaced them with copper wire. Then I flattened the wire with a hammer and used a large flat file to file the block flat.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My buddy had a set of the flat out gaskets laying around so I'm going go with them for now. Should I spray them with the copper coat as well? They are the coated style gaskets.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Cometic MLS or any of the MLS gaskets. I do not like copper gaskets and O-rings, always seem to have leak issues eventually no matter what you do to them.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
if the bore size is under 4.100 and you are only spraying 200hp, i have had good luck with the 9333pt graphite felpro gasket with o-rings in the block.
i have not had any luck with copper gaskets in a sbf.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts