Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered some top end parts for my engine about 2.5 weeks ago. Today, I get two boxes, one with the intake in, and one with the heads in........Everything arrived on time.

I opened the box that was supposed to have two heads in it, and there was only one. It's pretty evident that the box had been opened up and re-taped shut. I contacted the shop that shipped them to me and talked to him for a while. We both figure that someone stole the head on UPS's end. He is fileing a claim and said he'd let me know what to do next.

Either way, I'm gonna have to send the one head I got back so he can build me another one just like it.

I understand that shit sometimes happens, but it sucks when people steal!

Just really disappointed.....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would someone steal ONE head? Sounds kinda strange to me.
The weight on the label said 65 lbs for that package......I weighed the one head and it was a hair over 30 lbs.

My buddy and I figured if they stole the whole package, it would be easier to trace when and where it went missing. This way, nobody knew a thing until I opened that box. It sucks huge!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
02/01/20117:59 P.M.Emergency conditions beyond UPS' control.

this was in the tracking info from UPS also.....We had a huge snowstorm up here the last 2 days. It just looks very fishy....

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,135 Posts
this is one reason why companys should use plain brown boxes or mask off the makings of the box . nothing says steal me more than a big sign on the box saying whats in it ..... just like those 2k cranks that get shipped from the manufactuer ... doesnt take a dumby to know whats in there then .

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this is one reason why companys should use plain brown boxes or mask off the makings of the box . nothing says steal me more than a big sign on the box saying whats in it ..... just like those 2k cranks that get shipped from the manufactuer ... doesnt take a dumby to know whats in there then .
The box was a plain white box with no markings. Just the shipping label saying where it came from. The Intake was shipped in the Edelbrock box and made it safe. If someone stole that head, they knew it was in there.....

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
Since it was shipped UPS,and heavy....they probably bashed it against something and one head fell out. So they just taped it shut and threw the head in the trash.

More than once when heavy stuff has been shipped in our company, even if it's taped up very good, we get an empty taped up box back. You know damn good and well somebody saw the shit fall out of the box.

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,135 Posts
The box was a plain white box with no markings. Just the shipping label saying where it came from. The Intake was shipped in the Edelbrock box and made it safe. If someone stole that head, they knew it was in there.....

thats just f'd up then .

·
Registered
655 Posts
UPS is getting a real reputation for theft through theri system. I used to buy and sell a lot of high end softball bats and at least 1 out of 5 would end up as an opend shipping tibe by the time it got to the seller or to me. After a number of claims UPS finally told me they would not review any additional claims and that I should find a new method to ship product. Something I had already done well before but I was still tracking down missing bats through them at that time. USPS has been almost flawless. The one bat that went missing turned up in their unclaimed dept. On their suggestion I had filed with that dept and they called me when the bat showed up.

·
Registered
6,364 Posts
The majority of problems come from poor packaging. Packages MUST be wrapped so they can be dropped 10ft on any side/corner, and survive.

The guys that work at UPS fling packages one after another ALL DAY LONG. If one hits and it's contents fall out... their mindset is that the sender should have packed it better. They might tape the empty box back together to avoid having to deal with a disappearing tracking number, but that's about it.

Pack your stuff so it will withstand being dropped off a house, disguise packages that obviously contain valuable stuff, and you'll have MUCH better luck!

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
82,500 Posts
WHATEVER THE PROBLEM WAS....GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Since it was shipped UPS,and heavy....they probably bashed it against something and one head fell out. So they just taped it shut and threw the head in the trash.

More than once when heavy stuff has been shipped in our company, even if it's taped up very good, we get an empty taped up box back. You know damn good and well somebody saw the shit fall out of the box.
what did they do with the space where the other head was?its fishy they dident just "lose" the box

·
In the Beams.
21,997 Posts
The majority of problems come from poor packaging. Packages MUST be wrapped so they can be dropped 10ft on any side/corner, and survive.

The guys that work at UPS fling packages one after another ALL DAY LONG. If one hits and it's contents fall out... their mindset is that the sender should have packed it better. They might tape the empty box back together to avoid having to deal with a disappearing tracking number, but that's about it.

Pack your stuff so it will withstand being dropped off a house, disguise packages that obviously contain valuable stuff, and you'll have MUCH better luck!
X2

·
The Media has an agenda!
25,768 Posts

...and there you have it FOLKS..To hell with morals and common courtesy. It's all about NOT GIVING A SHIT!

It destroys America everyday.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts