Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently bought a 280" Mike Bos dragster. 526"KB with DMPE M4 1471 high helix blower running an ATI Superglide 4 with a 1.80 first gear. 34.5 " Mickey Thompson's. I bought the car from a guy in Tennessee that ran all 1/8th mile Pro Top Outlaw stuff, car currently has 4.10 gear.

I intend to run NHRA Top Dragster (1/4 mile) and want to keep the RPM down as much as possible going through the stripe. I am not trying to set low ET, just looking for a fat, happy and consistent 6.0 - 6.40 bracket car. I have talked to Strange and Mark Williams and have been told I need everything from a 3.40 all the way up to a 3.89 ratio.

Please help!

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
we ran 4.30's in funnycar but that was headsup and getting all we could. I would think the 3.70 to 3.90 range be easy enough on parts. Can't get to soft or its brain rattle time. i would thing converter choice be where the tuning comes into effect with your setup. Keeping it consistant with a High Helix will be good trick.I know they have gotten lot better,but still seems will be challenage. How hard are you spinning blower,keeping it down on OD will help it live longer. Not sure how long you've been messing with blower but I can give few helpful tips that you use or forget if don't care for. PM me

1 - 2 of 2 Posts