Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hutch whatist gear should i be looking to use in a glide car has 427w with 106mm turbo 355 gear with 28x10.5w tires car is blow thru set up havent finished car yet do i need a aftermarket case not sure what kind of horsepower this is going to make im guessing 1200-1500or more will a stock case hold up for a while untill i get car sorted out ?do i need to run a trans cooler with water arond it to cool it Im thinking of running methenal injection until i can get money for air to water set up Thanks hank

·
Super Moderator
19,741 Posts
I know budgets are tight but there are a few things to consider. If you get a stock case , JW bell , flexplate etc to get a trans together and then decide to get a better case down the road, the only option is a JW case. The JW cases are hit and miss on availability so we have to be careful. If you break the stock case which may very well happen then the efforts are all for not.
The Reid case is a really nice piece but as its setup now it has no interchangeability with any other products and requires a slightly different mount location than a regular glide which may be a pain to do afterwards.

The ratio to use would be the 1.80 and I would really like to see you use a liquid/liquid transmission cooler to protect your investment.

Hutch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts