Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, new to site,hope someone can help? what fuel pump do i need to support 2000hp. engine is a 18degree big chief BBC 598 ci twin turbo & efi. i want to run 10psi street tune & possibly up to 30 psi race tune. air to air intercooler, t400 box, 350 gears,3600lbs. still in the build so are open to changes/suggestions.thanks.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Ummmm,a big cheif 598 twin turbo at 30 lbs of boost will make WELL over 2000hp....;) Prob over 3000hp...

·
hyperformanceracing.com
2,247 Posts
Aeromotive Mechanical will do the trick!

·
mfi turbos rule
4,503 Posts
hey guys, new to site,hope someone can help? what fuel pump do i need to support 2000hp. engine is a 18degree big chief BBC 598 ci twin turbo & efi. i want to run 10psi street tune & possibly up to 30 psi race tune. air to air intercooler, t400 box, 350 gears,3600lbs. still in the build so are open to changes/suggestions.thanks.

at 3000 hp , will need around 11.44 gal /min
make sure it flows plenty around max torque rpm....

ash

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm amazed nobody asked what type of fuel.

Either way, size your pump based on how many of what size injector you have. Each set of 8 160# injectors needs 3.5 GPM at 40 psi working pressure (70 psi rail pressure in your case). And each set will support 2100 blown HP on gas, and 1100 HP on blown methanol. That's using 0.6 BSFC for blown gas and 1.1 for methanol.

As far as pump brands. I say Waterman.

Oh yeah, that motor should make 2000 hp with 2 spark plugs out of it.

·
Registered
376 Posts

·
mfi turbos rule
4,503 Posts
I'm amazed nobody asked what type of fuel.

Either way, size your pump based on how many of what size injector you have. Each set of 8 160# injectors needs 3.5 GPM at 40 psi working pressure (70 psi rail pressure in your case). And each set will support 2100 blown HP on gas, and 1100 HP on blown methanol. That's using 0.6 BSFC for blown gas and 1.1 for methanol.

As far as pump brands. I say Waterman.

Oh yeah, that motor should make 2000 hp with 2 spark plugs out of it.

sorry i was assuming it would be methanol fuel....

·
mfi turbos rule
4,503 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASH
at 3000 hp , will need around 11.44 gal /min
make sure it flows plenty around max torque rpm....

ash

ash- if u could help-how are u working the maths out on that?

Thanks

Nick--

it's worked on on lb's of fuel per horsepower , per hour comsumed by the engine , at a desired horsepower output..

it is directly related to bsfc, but in a measured way, as per flow bench reading, or dyno/ drag race flow meter logged data.

it uses specific gravity of the methanol, at a particular temperature.( fuel changes its specific gravity as it gets hotter or colder..)

turbos tend to use less fuel than roots blower engines , for shown flywheel hp.
therefore have slightly better bsfc....
and
lower fuel comsumption ( lb's of fuel / hp / hour...)

it is easier to measure fuel and air in the same measure ( lb's in this case)
as air / fuel ratio is calculated in same measure ( eg. 11: 1 is 11 parts air , to 1 part fuel.)

the result , 11.4 gal / min , is calculated via results and data learned from methanol twin turbo engines dynoed , and data logger figures from drag strip., and then using the cubes and desired hp required...

lol
hope thats clear

ash

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok, so how do we get so much methanol in the engine to support 3000hp, 3 rows of injectors? I have heard of a siemens 240lbs injector,apparently on tim lynch's car, is it true?

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
ok, so how do we get so much methanol in the engine to support 3000hp, 3 rows of injectors? I have heard of a siemens 240lbs injector,apparently on tim lynch's car, is it true?

theirs those ones u mention (have not seen them lately-maybe they dont make them any more-) brian brown was selling last i heard--

the morans ones -u can get them all the way up to 500 pounds-

theirs those 360 pounders from a guy on here-forgot who he is

or maybe 3 160 pounders per runner if that would cut it-

dont know nothing about tims car- maybe jeremy glass can tell u something--

Thanks

Nick--

1 - 15 of 15 Posts