Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at blue sea fuse block and it saids max amp per circuit 30 amp then it goes on to say max amp per block 100A.

What does the max amp per block mean?

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Means the total of all the circuits should not exceed 100amps. So though each circuit can handle 30amps, the line feeding them can only handle a 100amps total. An example could be if you had a 5 circuit block with that rating, you could have 5-20amp circuits, or 2-30amp a 1-20amp and 2-10amp circuit or 3-30amp and 1-10amp and not use the 5th circuit, or etc.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 12 circut block with 6 inputs on each side. I assume each block meant each half since there was a left and right side. In that each side could only be 100 amps. On their photo they have 185 amp worth of fuses

·
Registered
26,607 Posts
Dont know then. With 6 inputs it doesnt make sense. As for the 185amps worth of fuses, I would not put any merit in that either. Seems when it comes to electrical nobody is overly honest, either that or they just dont know what they are selling.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I need to run 2 fuel pumps, line lock, trans brake, water pump.

·
Registered
9,523 Posts
You should be fine. Most line locks draw abut 3 amps, 13-18 for water pumps and 13-20 for transbrakes. You wont use the line lock and transbrake at the same time... What fuel pumps are they? Understand those specs are for constant duty, not quick bursts like a dragstrip run.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
fuel pumps are 20 amps each. The fan starts off at 75amp but then goes down to 45 amps (Fan is from a mark 8) I was going to come off the stud that the main feed was on and put in a circuit breaker. I havea 50 amp on there now and its never tripped.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Yea I need to run 2 fuel pumps, line lock, trans brake, water pump.
They work fine for lights, water pump, fan, ignition, nitrous, XFI, trans brake, line lock, bottle heater....as stated not all of these loads are on at the same time. I like to run pump relays near the pumps and directly to the battery switch. Never had any issues overloading one.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you use a fuse or a circut breaker? I'm guessing you keep them at the back as well with the relay? I already ran 10gauge wire. So I could just add a little section of wire from the stud on the fuel pump to the 2nd fuel pump. Relay is 60amp.

The only thing I can think be on

during burn out---water pump, fuel pump (may not even be on the fuse block but have its own fuses/circuit breaker), line lock

stage--water pump, fuel pump, line lock

I would use fan but the fan is 70amps SO it needs to have it own source.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those pumps must pull some amps to have 150 amp breaker lol

So for your fuel pump all 4 relays are on all the time?

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
While we are own it. How much amps can 14 gauge say at 5 10 15 20 feet?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah so the pumps are in line with one another.. one right behind the other. Gotcha. I was trying to put everything in a centerline location in case something happen right before the run it would be easy to fix at the line.

·
Registered
26,607 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I forgot about that one. :oops:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts