Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a question about my build.
Its a 360 sbc: Lunati Voodoo 60133 solid roller(2,800-7200 RPM, intake:249 Exhaust: 255 @.50, advertised intake/exhaust: 279/285, int exh lift 585/600 factory lift), Crower HIPPO mech roller lifters, magnum pushrods, Ported Super Vic, Wiseco Pro Tru pistons(-5.4cc), Canfield aluminum 200cc heads(out of the box) with a 64cc chamber. Im running 10.3-1 compression. I have a few different HP holleys, so the cfm can change. TH350. Going with a 3.73 gear. Street(highway runs)/strip.

I have a dilema, I am trying to get into the high 10's. I have not dynoed it yet or have taken it down the track due to doing some rear end work(took a break for a little). I am thinking about selling the motor and going BBC or LS turbo. Realistically, approximately how much power do you think this motor will make?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its a 360 sbc: Lunati Voodoo 60133 solid roller(2,800-7200 RPM, intake:249 Exhaust: 255 @.50, advertised intake/exhaust: 279/285, int exh lift 585/600 @ factory lift), Crower HIPPO mech roller lifters, magnum pushrods, Ported Super Vic, Wiseco Pro Tru pistons(-5.4cc), Mallory ignition, Canfield aluminum 200cc heads(out of the box) with a 64cc chamber. Im running 10.3-1 compression. I have a few different HP holleys, so the cfm can change. TH350. Going with a 3.73 gear. Street(highway runs)/strip.

I have a dilema, I am trying to get into the high 10's. I have not dynoed it yet or have taken it down the track due to doing some rear end work(took a break for a little). I am thinking about selling the motor and going BBC or LS turbo (should I?) . Realistically, approximately how much power do you think this motor will make?
You guys are genius.

Thanks in advance
I forgot to add, this motor is in a Gbody Malibu. 3300-3500lbs. 275 tires.

·
Registered
27,658 Posts
I’ve done high 560’s in the hp range with a similar build using the first design World products Sportsman 2 heads unported. And I know the heads you have are far better, so I’d be shooting for 600 or more at 8,500. I’d run a little more lift though.

·
remembers
1,279 Posts
You might get it into the mid 500 hp range which would be the minimum needed to get 3400 lbs into the 10s. Its gonna be a stretch with a 3.73 gear,imo. If you wanna go 10s and have a driver, spray it or go with one of the other options.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Its a 360 sbc: Lunati Voodoo 60133 solid roller(2,800-7200 RPM, intake:249 Exhaust: 255 @.50, advertised intake/exhaust: 279/285, int exh lift 585/600 factory lift), Crower HIPPO mech roller lifters, magnum pushrods, Ported Super Vic, Wiseco Pro Tru pistons(-5.4cc), Canfield aluminum 200cc heads(out of the box) with a 64cc chamber. Im running 10.3-1 compression. I have a few different HP holleys, so the cfm can change. TH350. Going with a 3.73 gear. Street(highway runs)/strip.

I have a dilema, I am trying to get into the high 10's. I have not dynoed it yet or have taken it down the track due to doing some rear end work(took a break for a little). I am thinking about selling the motor and going BBC or LS turbo. Realistically, approximately how much power do you think this motor will make?

Thanks in advance
450 HP range. Once sorted it should go mid - 11's @ 3500 lbs. Not sure what converter you are running, and that could have a major impact on ET.

It has the potential for 10's. Going to likely take more compression, more cam lift, and more gear to do it though.

Jason G.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I can switch to 1.6 rockers. I have a 3500 converter in it now. I think I need to switch to something in 4000 stall range. I'm going to be footbraking for a little, but eventually I want to go with a transbrake in the near future. I know 360" is on the small side, but I wanted to get an idea of what kind of power this setup would make before I keep sinking in money and going this route. I've considered nitrous, but would rather stay NA since the cylinder walls aren't exactly thick.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks guys. I can switch to 1.6 rockers. I have a 3500 converter in it now. I think I need to switch to something in 4000 stall range. I'm going to be footbraking for a little, but eventually I want to go with a transbrake in the near future. I know 360" is on the small side, but I wanted to get an idea of what kind of power this setup would make before I keep sinking in money and going this route. I've considered nitrous, but would rather stay NA since the cylinder walls aren't exactly thick.
I am in a Gbody. 3450lbs with driver. 3.42 gear on a 28" tire. 3000 stall. Similar set up to urs but mine is a 406 sbc. Best of 11.57 in really good air. Would go faster with a bit more stall and a bit more gear.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I built a 383 11.1,sbc, ik200 brodix head, hyd cam, performer air gap manifold,1972 Chevelle for a customers kid.
Th350,3.90 rear, 10" trans specialitys converter. 11.90's in good air with mufflers.
Full interior column shift deal.

I'd think with an 8" converter you'd be low 11's or better depending on the altitude you race in.

·
Registered
27,658 Posts
I’d switch to the higher ratio rockers, gear it down, and at least angle mill the heads as much as possible. And no matter what you’ve heard, that engine is capable of well over 500 hp. Just my humble opinion.

·
Registered
760 Posts
With that weight, relatively small motor and converter, I'd be thinking about putting a good dual plane on it like an RPM air gap.

·
DamCoonass
14,895 Posts
I’d switch to the higher ratio rockers, gear it down, and at least angle mill the heads as much as possible. And no matter what you’ve heard, that engine is capable of well over 500 hp. Just my humble opinion.
Right as usual.

It’s gonna take some compression & some rpm to get into the 10’s at that weight.

At least 4500 converter & 4.56’s.

Doable sure but not a daily highway cruiser.

You could hit it with a 150 shot & get there with less converter & gear.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
With that weight, relatively small motor and converter, I'd be thinking about putting a good dual plane on it like an RPM air gap.
Thanks guys

So the Super Vic may be too much? I would like to shift a little above 7k. I drove around a little today and I can tell this motor likes to rev. Would an RPM air gap be sufficient?

·
Registered
698 Posts
if it were mine, i would do a few things that arent motor related. way more converter, at least a 4.10 gear, more rpm, getting weight out of the car.

i would try to get a little more compression out of the motor, HG, mill heads whatever. I would make sure the valve springs are within .100" of coil bind at open, the intake is big, but with enough converter and gear i dont think that will be an issue. i would also call AED and get the correct carb for the application.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Thanks guys

So the Super Vic may be too much? I would like to shift a little above 7k. I drove around a little today and I can tell this motor likes to rev. Would an RPM air gap be sufficient?
Ported super vic too much? i think it could be for your build. You have a wide rpm range.

Would an RPM air gap be sufficient? i think it could be for your build.

With 3.73 and 3300-3500 lbs, 3500-4000 stall. I'd try an RPM performer. Not an expensive thing to try if you can change it yourself.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys

Ported super vic too much? i think it could be for your build. You have a wide rpm range.

Would an RPM air gap be sufficient? i think it could be for your build.

With 3.73 and 3300-3500 lbs, 3500-4000 stall. I'd try an RPM performer. Not an expensive thing to try if you can change it yourself.
Yea it could be a bit over ported. I am definitely looking into swapping intakes. What about the carb? Should I step up to an 800cfm?

Which makes me think, should I drive into a single turbo setup? My compression is at 10.3. I think this motor can handle conservative boost.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts