Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Mixed feelings. The power a turbocharged engine makes is just awesome. Today you have huge displacement engines fed with multiple stages of nitrous. The turbo cars can run awesome ET's and so can an 848 Fulton engine with Nitrous. They both make a great show.

But as far as where my love is. There is nothing like the sound of an old school backhalf car with a reasonable engine being hit with at least 300HP right out of the gate. No progressives, no trick retard curves, no running on the dots, just pure bam there it is Nitrous. Pray and cross your fingers and toes and hope it all stays together.

·
Slow street car
1,666 Posts
I have both a turbo car and a nitrous car i like the turbo car better now after getting used to it and ice is cheaper than nitrous...

·
Outrunning the Big Blocks
3,270 Posts
I have 1 of each and like both.
I believe the turbo car might be
a little less work to maintain than the other.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
We've run both in a big inch motor and the turbos are so much easier on the engine. We run this thing like a bracket car between rounds. We probably do more maintenance between rounds than we have to mainly to ensure safety and it is making 2000 at the rear wheels.

·
DOO DOO BROWN
16,083 Posts
Mixed feelings. The power a turbocharged engine makes is just awesome. Today you have huge displacement engines fed with multiple stages of nitrous. The turbo cars can run awesome ET's and so can an 848 Fulton engine with Nitrous. They both make a great show.

But as far as where my love is. There is nothing like the sound of an old school backhalf car with a reasonable engine being hit with at least 300HP right out of the gate. No progressives, no trick retard curves, no running on the dots, just pure bam there it is Nitrous. Pray and cross your fingers and toes and hope it all stays together.
I agree, I love the turbos for the power, but there is nothing better than a 800+ motor bumping some big kits through the motor, and seeing those pretty blue flames.

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
You just can't beat the instant hit of nitrous....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nitrous I'm sorry but nothing sounds like a 700+ci motor screaming on 3 kits balls to the wall with candels lit the whole way down diehard nitrous probably because I've never got the chance to play with turbo power.

·
TwistedTerror
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nitrous for us, we think it's cheaper to setup, but does get expensive whe it breaks parts. But we'll be spraying the Cutlass next Friday and can't wait to see what happens.

·
Registered
752 Posts
if I had the $$ I would have a 106mm on my car. turbo cars are fun to drive and you can't beat the power. BUT nitrous is pretty dang awesome still. and its addicting.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
The old mans air seems to work just fine for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts