·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Pat Musi

Joe Lepone Jr.

Todd Hoerner

Ricky Smith

They're all running Accufab's "Mountain Motor" EFI Throttle Bodies.

These are the standard 2.75-inch bore units and are available with or without the optional upper fuel rails. Accufab also offers these units in 2.50-inch bores, 3.00-inch bores and 3.50-inch bores, with or without the upper injector system.

Call Sonny's Racing, Pat Musi Performance or Accufab for more info.

·
Registered
14,444 Posts
That's some sexy hardware.

·
Registered
372 Posts
got the mountain throttle bodies with the upper injection and 16 injectors but screwed without the tweeking from Hoerner. We did set the comp national record a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whats the cfm of just one of those things?
Each standard (2.75-inch bore) 2-brl unit flows 1849 cfm @ 28-inches. A set of four is good for 7,396 cfm. The smaller ones (2 1/2-inch bores) flow 1328 cfm per unit.

The big units (3.0-inch and 3 1/2-inch) flow 2284 cfm and 2738 cfm per unit respectively.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There are more than one way to mount these 2-brl throttle bodies.

Sonny used them on a big inch street car engine, ginned up his own "progressive linkage". Just like the old days with four 2-brl Stomberg 97's ("4 duces"), only bigger. Of course, one of Sonny's 904-inch engines needs more air than a 239-inch flathead.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
How could you set these up on a N/A SBF with a stick?

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here's another way to go. You can use a Dominator style 4500 carb and get 1050-1100 cfm...

...or, you can install an Accufab 8500 throttle body and get 3698 cfm.

The Holley Dominator 4500 weighs in at 13 1/2 pounds and measures 12 1/2" long x 7 3/4" wide x 3 3/4" tall. The Accufab 8500 weighs 3 1/2 pounds and measures 7" x 7" x 3" tall. The 8500 is basically dual 2-brl units merged together (same 2.75-inch throttle bores). And the linkage is included. The 5/8" thick adapter shown in the photo allows the Accufab 8500 to be mounted on any 4500 style intake manifold. Slight loss of cfm with the adapter.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What are the pros and cons of running the injectors in the throttle bodies?
An on-going debate. I'm not sure which is better. Sonny swears by injectors on the top and in the runner, Musi says it does not matter. Personally, I lean toward having the upper injectors if for no other reason than to cool the air in the plenum of the intake manifold.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

I meant to post this photo earlier. This is the car that Joe Lepone Jr. is running now, and not his Camaro (I couldn't find a photo of the Mopar). Same huge Sonny's/Musi powerplant, same Accufab throttle bodies. I hung out with Joe this past weekend at the NMCA West event at Famoso.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts

I meant to post this photo earlier. This is the car that Joe Lepone Jr. is running now, and not his Camaro (I couldn't find a photo of the Mopar). Same huge Sonny's/Musi powerplant, same Accufab throttle bodies. I hung out with Joe this past weekend at the NMCA West event at Famoso.
I bet that was the highlight of your weekend. huh?? ROFLOL.

I was gonna say something about the picture of the Camaro, but its not that big a deal.

Bob

1 - 20 of 20 Posts