Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have asked the people down the road to keep their dogs in their own yard more than once. Well long story short my 7 year old went to feed the goats this morning and the dogs had killed them. Im pissed. I talked to them this afternoon and told them to get rid of them are i was calling animal control and filing suit. What do yall think?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I have asked the people down the road to keep their dogs in their own yard more than once. Well long story short my 7 year old went to feed the goats this morning and the dogs had killed them. Im pissed. I talked to them this afternoon and told them to get rid of them are i was calling animal control and filing suit. What do yall think?

Call animal control anyway before they hurt your 7 year old.
I don't like dog owners who aren't responsible for their dogs.

·
Empress
1,928 Posts
Call animal control anyway before they hurt your 7 year old.
I don't like dog owners who aren't responsible for their dogs.
I agree with this. These dogs are obviously hunters. They've killed the goats, they will go after your 7 year old. Call animal control now.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Get two bigger, dogs and take the other dogs out. or :smt071

·
Senior Moment
9,664 Posts

Sorry to hear about your goats man. Just make sure it was the dogs that did it before you get into a pissing match with your neighbors.
Had goats and they make great pets..feel bad for you and your son,,,TLW.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lady called me and told me that the dogs did it yesterday sometime. We did not get home till late after a baseball game and did not check on till this morning when my boy feeds them. But she waited till 3 this afternoon to call me.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
take action and call animal control.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yup, those dogs need to be put down, before they get after your boy. He won't stand a chance if you aren't close by.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yup. You need to contact the authorities (not just animal control). If you wanted to be a complete dick about it, you could file a law suit against them (your 7 year old son found them for Christ sakes). That is up to you. If the police/animal control do nothing about it, shoot the mother fuckers. That is just dumb of the owners to let dogs like THAT run around.

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
If you have an eye witness that will stand up against those people in court. It aint a matter of what you can or will do but how much you can. Keep your 7 yr. old close. There is the possibility of the dogs going for the child. I wouldnt freak out and do anything out of line. In situations like this you have to look at things the way the law does! Thats the course of action that will be taken thru them. Would I sit on my porch with a gun and wait for one of those dogs to come on my property? Hell yes. Its obvious you dont live in the city limits so its most likely legal to discharge a weapon without you gettin hassled for that. As long as there is no witnesses to you killing the dogs who is going to dispute your styatement to the police. Keep ypur cool. You know how things can get turned on you!!!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Like you, I had a neighbor that wasn't responsible with there Dogs. I told him after finding a few holes dug in my yard that the next time I caught them on my Property I as going to bury them in the holes they dug......He understood, Dogs gone, Problem solved.

But I agree the Dog owner is responsible for your goats!

·
Registered
7,638 Posts
If you have an eye witness that will stand up against those people in court. It aint a matter of what you can or will do but how much you can. Keep your 7 yr. old close. There is the possibility of the dogs going for the child. I wouldnt freak out and do anything out of line. In situations like this you have to look at things the way the law does! Thats the course of action that will be taken thru them. Would I sit on my porch with a gun and wait for one of those dogs to come on my property? Hell yes. Its obvious you dont live in the city limits so its most likely legal to discharge a weapon without you gettin hassled for that. As long as there is no witnesses to you killing the dogs who is going to dispute your styatement to the police. Keep ypur cool. You know how things can get turned on you!!!!

X2
Get them to pay for the goats and do something with the dogs. I am a dog person myself and also have pet chickens but something needs to be done. Keep your cool and go the legal route. Sorry your son had to see that and the neighbor should have left you some kind of note to make you aware of it since they didnt try to call.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Call the dog law officer asap. In PA you can legaly shoot dogs on your property that are chaseing or atacking your animals.
I know, i just dealt with this last year. Called twice second time they got a good fine. You MUST keep your dogs contained to your property. Ended up having a hearing and told the judge that if the dog would have been in my yard after i retrieved my firearm it would of been killed.

Just because they live in the country their dogs can not run loose.

John

1 - 20 of 59 Posts