Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing myself for the sticker shock.
I'm going to need new exhaust for the '70 Charger I'm screwing together. I have headers but need everything back from there. I figure 2 1/2" pipes, an X pipe center section, decent mufflers and tailpipes. Nothing exotic.
I've seen kits online under $800. Can that be right? It has been awhile since I had a full system done.

Jiggy F 6A.JPG

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I think I paid around $750 (it's over $800 now) for the stainless Flowmaster system for my 55. The exhaust shops near me are overpriced hacks. A simple header back system with cheap $20 Chinese mufflers and shitty, crush bent, non stainless steel pipe runs $1200-$1300.

I'm shopping for a new system for my Camaro. I'll buy another prebent system online and install it/make it fit myself. Summit has some basic kits starting around $200. Magnaflow $900 , Stainless Works $1200.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll probably buy the center segments in an X pipe kit and weld it together myself. I can cut and section without using a pipe bender. Tailpipes are another matter. I may have to go to a shop to get them to fit even though what I have is nothing exotic. Just stock leaf springs and such.

·
Registered
746 Posts
My son's '67 Mustang is in the shop right now getting a 3" exhaust from the headers back bent up for it. The estimate is $800. They'll call if anything comes up that increases that price.

He was looking at a kit but since it's a 351W which wasn't an available option that year it would have required some modification and still cost just as much.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,388 Posts
250 BUCKS

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
Buy two mandrel bent "U" pieces, a pipe expander off Amazon, and build it yourself.

I bought all stainless with some 4' straights and went for it myself. Mig welded. Simply because a "cat back" exhaust for a Ford Edge doesn't exist.

Wrong mufflers made it sound gay. But oh well.

·
Western North Carolina
21,636 Posts
What ever it costs in Argon and tube, mufflers $150 a pair.. makes a good night in the Barn...
Same here. I bought the speedway assorted bends and pipe for our old dodge truck. 2.5 mandrel bent . Got about $175 in it and some time. Same for the Vega 3 inch bends and a little pipe. With mufflers got about $250.00 in it. Took my time nice clean welds. Both sound good and are holding up great.

·
Registered
26,388 Posts
WTF ?? Gold plated?
Mopar......

·
Registered
690 Posts
I paid about $800 for my Borla cat back stainless system for my Camaro, that was about 15 years ago though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts