BBC Cam Bearings

RFD 15* SBC Heads
320 Intake Port
51cc
2.20 in/ 1.60 ex Ferrea Compt Valves
Jesel 1:8 Shaft mount rockers
Nextek Springs 320 seat / 800 open

Oilver Billet 6.125 Rods

And going to put a I-S kit(s) on top , this is going in a 4th gen camaro.. Looking for 8.0's for the goal

Can you guys lead me in the right direction for this build

Thanks
G

·
Registered
582 Posts
Wow I don't know but those are some seriously killer parts. Even with a n2o combo there is no replacement for displacement.....

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
If you have not spent the money on these parts yet take a look at my 23* 434 SBC I have for sale. It will save you time and big $$$$ in the long run and is built to go the times you want.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Combine that with a sheet intake and two 1050 dominators and you have a killer setup for a real big inch small block. I would go 4.200" bore with a 4.350" stroke. Big inch with less rpm or if you go small inches, expect ALOT of rpm. A 482 inch small block to be exact. I have gone 4.210" bore by 4.500" stroke for 501 inches of small block..How much you spray it and the size of the reverse dome needed for compression will depend on the final stroke to be able to have a strong enough piston and a reasonable cd. 300 worth of spray or less will be fine with the 501 and a flat top piston.

·
eats paint chips
1,923 Posts
if you have the block 3.8 ish x 4.185 and shorten the rod
if you dont 9.2 raised cam 3.75x 4.185 x 5.7 rod ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All parts that I listed are purchased. The heads that I have, is it enough for a 482 cu in.

·
Registered
387 Posts
see i left mine at 4.125 bore because the block was brand new and went with 4.00 stroke and 6.00 rod. and put all the meat from the tall deck in the piston. and with pretty much decent AFR 227 23* heads its been [email protected] on 36 jet with the controller set fairly low. and you can still hear the convertor bog the motor goin into high gear. it wants more shit. id LOVE to have a set of those RFD 15* with my stuff. low 8s should be easily obtainable.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
see i left mine at 4.125 bore because the block was brand new and went with 4.00 stroke and 6.00 rod. and put all the meat from the tall deck in the piston. and with pretty much decent AFR 227 23* heads its been [email protected] on 36 jet with the controller set fairly low. and you can still hear the convertor bog the motor goin into high gear. it wants more shit. id LOVE to have a set of those RFD 15* with my stuff. low 8s should be easily obtainable.
Whats it run on motor and would you have any Dyno #s???

·
Registered
885 Posts
4.125 / 4.125-4.155 dont make it a head gasket eater i have a 4th gen also, i no what it takes to run 7.90s with a sbc put 2 systems on it if its stock suspension pm me if u need any help with this project my shop is very into max nos sbc's

1 - 14 of 14 Posts