Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have 427 here that has Compstar H-beam rods and a Compstar crank.

Car is making 1000 rwhp now with these parts, were dumping the aluminum block for a LSX iron block since were going to spray the car ontop of the blower. I was wondering if the rods and crank can handle the power or should we upgrade?

Are those Callies Compstart H/I rods a worthy upgrade? What about the Dragonslayer crank?

This is on a DD car that get's turned up on the weekends.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I currently have 427 here that has Compstar H-beam rods and a Compstar crank.

Car is making 1000 rwhp now with these parts, were dumping the aluminum block for a LSX iron block since were going to spray the car ontop of the blower. I was wondering if the rods and crank can handle the power or should we upgrade?

Are those Callies Compstart H/I rods a worthy upgrade? What about the Dragonslayer crank?

This is on a DD car that get's turned up on the weekends.

Hey there man.........finally going to put some power to that thing LOL.....I run the Dragonslayer in my car seems to hold up to going 7's but with Alum. rods which i dont think u want lol

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
i would go with the dragonslayer and oliver billets

is it worth $400.00 to take a chance?

·
out of work hair dresser
8,341 Posts

Dragonslayer or Magnum XL. Oliver or Howards billets.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

Dragonslayer or Magnum XL. Oliver or Howards billets.
I agree with the above as well. I went with a 3.900" Magnum and Howards 6.125" billet rods for my 410" LSX iron block build. We were going to use an F1C originally but I found such a great deal on a used F2 I'm going to be throwing that on there. The F2 in race trim should make 1500FWHP and shooting for 1000FWHP on pump gas. The Lunati crank is nice and had one in my last motor but I think the Callies is a great value.

·
Registered
49,432 Posts
I agree with the above as well. I went with a 3.900" Magnum and Howards 6.125" billet rods for my 410" LSX iron block build. We were going to use an F1C originally but I found such a great deal on a used F2 I'm going to be throwing that on there. The F2 in race trim should make 1500FWHP and shooting for 1000FWHP on pump gas. The Lunati crank is nice and had one in my last motor but I think the Callies is a great value.
the CH on the 3.9 stroke is alot better then the 4 inch stuff for sure. Alot of guys seem to get the 4inch stuff to work at big power however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts