Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what companies sell rebranded Morel solid roller lifters? Also are any and or all of them rebuildable? Im looking for a lifter for moderate spring pressure and lift on a BBC

·
Registered
483 Posts
Erson, Straub, PBM, Howards all sell rebranded Morels. I like Chris Straub for them but that's just my preference.

Todd P

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Erson, Straub, PBM, Howards all sell rebranded Morels. I like Chris Straub for them but that's just my preference.

Todd P
I think Lunati as well.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Same here, after a couple of failures with Morels, we have used BAMS on everything that did not warrant Jesels.
So far the BAMS have been flawless and the sizing is more accurate than any brand we have seen.

I have seen quite a few sets of their lifters go through my shops so far no problems.

I like where Brad designed the .904 and .937 lifter with a lower oil band to run on 55MM cam cores and not have the oil band go above the oil galley hole.

His bushing lifter use a steel bushing which seems to be working just fine.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I looked at the BAM lifters online and the appear to be the same as Morel. Maybe they are buying them from Morel like the other cam companies are. I have been using Morel for years with very good result. My machine shop has been using BAM lifters in some of his customers engines and has good things to say about them. Might give them a try when I need a set. I am also going to give them a call to see if they can rebuild the Morel lifters that I have for an new engine that I am working on.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Morel Sportsman Pros are around $550. They are can be rebuilt. They are 100% USA made and Morel does all work in house including heat treat. Many just job shop stuff out. Morel has a limited amount of direct accounts and this can bitter some that feel they need to be direct.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I looked at the BAM lifters online and the appear to be the same as Morel. Maybe they are buying them from Morel like the other cam companies are. I have been using Morel for years with very good result. My machine shop has been using BAM lifters in some of his customers engines and has good things to say about them. Might give them a try when I need a set. I am also going to give them a call to see if they can rebuild the Morel lifters that I have for an new engine that I am working on.
Not even close......BAM and Morel are completely different lifters. Brad is making his own lifters. No Private Label going on here......

·
Registered
78 Posts
Definitely not the same lifter. We used lots of Morels before switching to the BAMS, no comparison. The quality of the BAMS are far superior.

·
Registered
685 Posts
So Brad only assembles them in the US. Where are the components mfg'd? Pretty sure it's overseas but I figured I'd confirm that. Anybody? It's pretty apparent he doesn't machine lifter bodies, etc...so who does?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Brad worked for Crane and has 23 years of working with lifters for many years, Like I said before I have seen a lot of lifters go through my shops and no issues to date.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts