Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I need some help with a mild steel chassis, built in 2004 but never certified. Current owner says it´s 25.1e but that means chromoly and double frame, right ?
From the pictures it definatly has no double and owner said it´s mild steel.

Question is: can it be certified to the than ( 2004 ) sfi 25.1 actual specs with mild steel/no double frame ?

Like to go super pro e.t. or competition elim. and quicker than 7.50 in the future.

Any help appreciated.

Bernhard

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
A MS chassis will not pass faster than 7.50 today no matter how many bars it has. I read there has been some talk about redoing that but to my knowledge SFI hasn't done anything. Have it certified before you get it so you know the tubing is thick enough and has the right design to be legal.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Last year there was talk of the NHRA to make it only 8.50 cert but i think thats gone now ( i hope )

·
Registered
564 Posts
not to be too condescending on the guy your buying it from... but, if he is telling you its 4130 and its not, and a double frame rail when its not, dont deal with this guy. he either is lieing to you which is bad, or he doesnt know what he is talking about which is even worse. what if there are other things that he isnt telling you?

·
T/S 368E
33,649 Posts

25-1E must be moly as of now. Double frame rail has nothing to do with it. It's just another style of chassis.
Mine was just renewed Wed. & it's a single frame Pro-Stock chassis, approved to 6.00.

As mentioned, it will never cert faster than 7.50, until they make a rule change. Don't count on it when buying anything.
Also, if the guy is lying or don't know what a true double frame rail is. RUN!! A 25-1E car is no place to gamble on or not be sure on.
Another thing, I would NEVER buy anything that has never had a sticker. That thing might have failed due to thin spots.
Very common with a steel cage. Tolerances are much looser on steel than moly. Good luck. Hope you find a real 25-1E car.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thinking the same way - 7.50 only - but wanted some confirmation.

We build a couple S/G cars and just finished our first 25.4 car.
I definitaly will double check everything before buying.

Tank you guys !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts