Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few days, I was looking for something I could use to burn some old mail in and I ended up getting a VP110 can in pretty damn good shape for sitting in an old parts room. Well, my dad tells me today that he has a metal tub that will work, too. I guess that part is my fault for not asking. Now I have a small drum that I don't want to throw away because I feel I can make something of it. I was thinking of hacking off it off right above the highest rib stamping then putting a piece of plexiglass on it and using it as a small table since the paint and sticker will still be visible underneath. Any ideas/suggestions/projects of your own?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
After reading the title my first thought was weld on it and you would make an instant bomb. Lol. A table could be cool. Why not make a lamp shade for a camshaft lamp? I probably have a hollow cam if not I could probably get one, if you need one.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Split it down the middle, throw some hinges on it, add a couple legs, and get some heavy expanded metal for grates and make yourself a grill.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After reading the title my first thought was weld on it and you would make an instant bomb. Lol. A table could be cool. Why not make a lamp shade for a camshaft lamp? I probably have a hollow cam if not I could probably get one, if you need one.
I like the sound of that, actually. I always wanted a cam/crank lamp. And it would give me something to use the top portion for instead of just throwing it out.

find another one and then you would have a nice set of jugs like your sig pic. sorry. had to.
the VP has a plastic liner on the inside if it makes a difference. dont blow up.
It's airing out outside right now and I'm going to rinse it out real well before I cut or grind on it.

Should I whizzer wheel it open or sawzall it? I was thinking whizzer wheel because I could be more accurate with it.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
i pour old oil into mine and send them off to the recycling place
racecar, huh?
:smt102
i used to do use kerosene cans like that, but here in florida it rains, rust, and rains again and makes a mess on the concrete. i use an old white fuel jug for mine now.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't need to store anything in it. We have a handful of the hardware store style red gas cans for fuel and an old 5 gallon metal jug (that you'll never find anything like in a store anymore) for oil. I was thinking of some more along the lines of decoration.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
off the top of my head, it would be cool to cut the top off and fill the jusg with all of your funnels. i have 40 funnels and i keep them in a 5 gallon bucket so mess doesnt go everywhere. would look better than my ugly orange home depot bucket.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts