Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to pick up a 6.0 iron block motor to go in the 98' roller I just bought. Car is a 6 speed. It will primarily be a street car with an occasional trip to the track. Drivability isn't a big concern either. And I'm also considering pulling the heads odd and milling them down. I will also be spraying this car. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
I've decided to pick up a 6.0 iron block motor to go in the 98' roller I just bought. Car is a 6 speed. It will primarily be a street car with an occasional trip to the track. Drivability isn't a big concern either. And I'm also considering pulling the heads odd and milling them down. I will also be spraying this car. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Those 2 sentences contradict each other. You can go mild to wild based on this info. How much spray? Got a good tuner? What intake setup? Free flowing exhaust? The devil is in the details.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meant that I don't mind driving a big cam on the street. It will have a good flowing exhaust, and ls6 intake. Putting a fjo progressive and as much spray as I can. I don't really wanna rev it to the moon either

·
Registered
180 Posts
i had a texas speed torquer v3 in my stuck ls1 w 5.3 heads and ls6 intake and made 405 to the wheels. it sounds good and no drivability issues

·
Registered
213 Posts
LQ4 or LQ9 shortblock? What year is it? The earlier truck engines had crankshafts that won't accept a pilot bearing/bushing for the T56.

Mike

·
Registered
206 Posts
236/248 comp xer lobes. 114 +2.
just throwing something out there that might work lol.no cam guru so maybe the experts will chime in to help.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That's the biggest that I would go but it should work well. the 248 lobe is like .615 lift IIRC.

Be sure to check PTV
correct. i can't remember but the 236 is probably around .598"- .601" or so. maybe 4* smaller on both might still work well but a 244* is still .612" . i like the xer lobes pretty well. the springs seem to last forever and the lift is still big enough to get alot of power, especially out of a head that will be done before .600" lift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts