Yellow Bullet Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
so... Big T urd... I am STILL waiting to see even JUST ONE pic of your twin 88 stock block cleveland turbo engine...

when are you going to post the pic retard??? ???

:-KFCD

·
Registered
11,764 Posts
They are shit! A friend had one in his pulling truck that didn't even make it 50' off the line, split in 3 pieces. Plus the machine shop that built his new engine has a pile of them that are cracked or split.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
well ???

·
Banned
2,318 Posts

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
TTT for Bigsuckdivah

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
just adding some findings of the one rpm maxx block I actually have, engine is tore down after customer decided not to winterize it ( blown meth engine), upon teardown has zero cap walk, no bore wear,, just had some rusty barrels from neglect. sent it to my machinist for a bore/hone and a light surface as the deck was rougher than I wanted with mls. overall I really like the casting, lots of good here. oiling sytem is very nice, the case clearance is good, no grinding needed with 4.0" stroke. the casting surface is rougher than a dart cosmetically. cylinder walls are thick even at 4.135" (over .250") it needs a bit of deburring around the main bore (sharp edges) but I do that to every block anyways. the main oil galley feed from the filter was not finished completely and had a hole about .250" between the two only. that will be repaired. the main bolts have metric heads but standard threads (odd).
after reading all the trash talk about these castings, I was wanting to have the block brinnell tested but I don't have a kit, and have been unable to find anyone with one nearby. told my machinist about my concerns and asked them to give their 30+ years of opinion on what they found while doing the work on the block.
he called and told me after surfacing it on his cbn that it was flat, was able to cut .003" and clean it and it was not soft! says the only thing that cuts harder is a cummins block. the bore/hone is being done by a different machinist in the same shop, I will share his opinion also. he said he has machined hundreds of darts, thousands of factory and two of these, and says these cut nice and are not soft. the stuff I have seen in his shop over the last 15 years backs up his experience, he has no bias either way..
I would still like to brinnell it if anyone has a kit, I would pay to ship it both ways and insure it.
that's my honest findings so far.. .02

·
Registered
13,188 Posts
LOL This will get good when Kazoom comes out of a Mustang II thread somewhere.
A lot of people forget that it was the Chinese who invented casting over 2000years ago

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
just adding some findings of the one rpm maxx block I actually have, engine is tore down after customer decided not to winterize it ( blown meth engine), upon teardown has zero cap walk, no bore wear,, just had some rusty barrels from neglect. sent it to my machinist for a bore/hone and a light surface as the deck was rougher than I wanted with mls. overall I really like the casting, lots of good here. oiling sytem is very nice, the case clearance is good, no grinding needed with 4.0" stroke. the casting surface is rougher than a dart cosmetically. cylinder walls are thick even at 4.135" (over .250") it needs a bit of deburring around the main bore (sharp edges) but I do that to every block anyways. the main oil galley feed from the filter was not finished completely and had a hole about .250" between the two only. that will be repaired. the main bolts have metric heads but standard threads (odd).
after reading all the trash talk about these castings, I was wanting to have the block brinnell tested but I don't have a kit, and have been unable to find anyone with one nearby. told my machinist about my concerns and asked them to give their 30+ years of opinion on what they found while doing the work on the block.
he called and told me after surfacing it on his cbn that it was flat, was able to cut .003" and clean it and it was not soft! says the only thing that cuts harder is a cummins block. the bore/hone is being done by a different machinist in the same shop, I will share his opinion also. he said he has machined hundreds of darts, thousands of factory and two of these, and says these cut nice and are not soft. the stuff I have seen in his shop over the last 15 years backs up his experience, he has no bias either way..
I would still like to brinnell it if anyone has a kit, I would pay to ship it both ways and insure it.
that's my honest findings so far.. .02

How dare you bring real world findings here on a block you are actually working on and touching vs people who have never ever seen one! :):):)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The machinist who performed the hone agreed, the block is hard. Cuts nice but hard. He has been a block and cylinder head guy for the 10 years I have known him and using the same sunnen hone he has had all this time. I know that is not technical to the tee, but, when a guy who cuts blocks for a living on everything from nissans to cummins to vw engines and lots of American iron tells me something, I listen..
Now, who has a brinnell tester they want to rent...? Or loan? Ya know, to get the "number".. Mark?

101 - 112 of 112 Posts