Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a couple weeks, Speed Scene Live TV will host our first ever bracket race at Great Bend KS. The SRCA track has raised over 17 thousand in cash and prizes to give out to the racers. You dont have to win, just be there to get a shot at taking some free stuff home.
Speed Scene Live TV will also film the racing, do on camera interviews, and basically have a fun race for everybody.
We also have arranged that all MIlitary with ID get in for free to watch the race. We have some racers from the Rocky Mountain SuperChargers coming out to put on a show. We have Box, No Box and Quick 16 classes.
All class winners will receive a custom made jacket from Currie Rearends.
We have NitroPlate coatings gift certificates to hand out, products from ProLong, artwork from T. Nichols, and more.
We have also given out two free racer entries to the race and will give out one more tomorrow night.

We have 8 free entries to Scotty Richardsons Grassroots Bracket Series to give out, they have a race in Nobile OK November 5th and 6th.

Speed Scene LIve TV will make no money off this race, everything goes right back to the track!

We hope the racers will come down and support this event and help us support the great people at the SRCA Great Bend track.
October 7th is test and tune and a gambler, and the big race is Saturday October 8th.
Watch Speed Scene Live TV tuesday night for more info.

·
LOVING LIFE
6,246 Posts
I wish someone had an answer to the bracket racing delima nationwide.
MOST bracket racers come alone, NO CREW, NO FRIENDS TO WATCH them. The car counts MIGHT pay the purse, the buy backs (which I think KILLED bracket racing) help with the purse. But how does the track make money??? Insurance, help, glue, investment, all things need to come from somewhere.

Bracket racing is a great PARTICIPANT sport, just not much fun to watch for fans. So when racers come alone, and fans wont pay to watch them, how do you gaurantee a pay out and expect to make it? Something needs to change in the bracket world, just not sure what it is.

·
YB Word Crew
21,846 Posts
My local track dont give a shit about the racer. They decided they were not making enough so now you can buy back any round. pure bullshit!

how does that work?
if you lose you just pay to advance to next round or what?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bracket racing can be boring to watch, so I like adding quick 16 and the Rocky Mountain SuperChargers so that there is more of a show going on.
I like the fast brackets, but can only afford to race the 9 and 10 second classes.
But I do like to watch them.

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
We bracket race at our local tracks, because bracket racing is all we have. I just go to see what my car will run, and have fun hanging out with friends after the races. I'd give my left nut to be heads up racing!!

·
Registered
929 Posts
test and tune days at richmond dragway for $30.00 then the have a free race for $1000.00 as long as the car count is good.

·
Registered
396 Posts
test and tune days at richmond dragway for $30.00 then the have a free race for $1000.00 as long as the car count is good.
I miss living in Richmond because of that track, they've always been great to me and everyone I know. Plus they have their shit together, I consistently would get twice as many TnT runs there compared to VMP. :smt023

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"And GREAT JOB doing what your doing, its what it will take to get it back going. I applaud your efforts."

Thanks, means a lot. We are trying really hard to do a good job.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
A lot a people in our area are sick of Bracket Racing so we started our own Renegade Racing Association which has 3 index classes that are 8.90 ,9.90 ,and 10.50 heads up.The classes are taking off like a wildfire.

·
Stackin' plates
13,859 Posts
I go watch the races when I can...once my car is together, im not sure if ill race there....

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Staying away this year to save others from the brutal punishment the Buick puts down on everyone :p :finga:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts