Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats crazy. They must have messed with them for quite awhile. My car still blows the tires off sometimes and Ive been messing with them for 2 seasons. I'm hoping that will motivate me to figure them out this season. So many people use different settings for similar setups...I guess its just finding what works.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn. I got great tires last season too. With preload the car went its fastest 60 foot but blew the tires off 3 out of 5 passes. now with 0 pre load and a tiny gap it hooks up 4 out of 5 times if I dont leave as hard as I can.

I heard mopars are worse because the rear end is more toward the front of the springs instead of in the middle. Any truth to that? I also hear mopars are finicky with front end ride hieght. Some people say they need rake and some people say not to

·
Small block streeter
852 Posts
I found that my dart won't work with adj shocks on the back and set them on the hard side the worst the track the stiffer i make them and lower tire pressure just 1/2 pound maybe a pound its been 1.38 on motor.also took out a inch of front end travel.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I've been 1.29 foot brakin' on a 10.5 radial slick N/A with a 6AL box. Cal-Tracs work but you need their mono-leafs and good shocks. If you have problems call Calvert and they will help you. They are a great bunch of guys and very willing to help you out.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Ronnie Rhodes goes 1.19 60' on 275's with his camero on Cal-tracs! pretty consistant as well! Been 5.02 in the 1/8, 23* headed SBC on two guns @ 3100lbs.

·
Registered
671 Posts
im no where near the performance of the guys mentioned here. but they are a great product for alot of different power levels. i have a 66 nova that 1.58's with them and only goes 11.70-80's. so they work well. like mentioned, split leafs and shocks. i run the rancho's that they sell and the front calvert 90-10's with 6cyl springs up front. again, im very basic with very little time adjusting...simple with good results

1 - 20 of 21 Posts