Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been looking into this for a while and it seems that there a few different
ways that people suggest to measure your pinion angle on a 2 piece driveshaft.
Specifically I am looking on the exact correct areas to measure my pinion angle on a S197 mustang which is a 2 piece driveshaft with a cv joint I believe in the center.

I fully understand how to make the adjustments
I have an adjustable poly Upper control arm.The s197 2005-2014 Mustangs have a 3 point setup two lower control arms and one upper centered control arm.

Here are the different ways I have read to do this but which one is correct and why.

1. measure the output shaft of the transmission and then compare to the measurement of the pinion this is the current way that BMR is recommending
  2. measure the front driveshaft angle and then compare to the rear pinion angle
  3. measure the rear driveshaft angle and compare to the rear pinion this is what BMR use to recomend

So what is the proper way I realize alot of people just take out the 2 piece driveshaft and put in a one piece but I am looking for the correct way to measure a 2 piece driveshaft.

here is one site that clearly shows there is a difference in the way to measure a one piece compared to a 2 piece but is it correct?http://www.cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA%20_adj.htm

Here is avideo by Kelly from BMR
Obviously kelly knows his stuff

It seems that the BMR way is the correct way but just wanted to hear how you guys are setting yours that are running slicks or drag radials.

so once again what are the two proper points to measure on a 2 piece mustang driveshaft?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here are some current measurements. taken from pass side of car.
car is setup the way that bmr recomends.

transmission 2 degrees to the left of zero
front driveshaft 0 degrees
rear driveshaft 0 degrees
pinion 4 degrees to the left

so rear pinion angle is 2 degrees down compared to the transmission

but with this setup the rear pinion is pointing 4 degrees down compared to both driveshafts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts