Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
A question thats been on my mind since my growth for drag racing has come along, I've been surrounded by the import drag racing scene on the east coast since I was just a toddler. Since then Import Drag racing has been growing on me since I was 12. A trend I've noticed in the states is whenever there is an Import VS Domestic event, they always categorize the Starlet Hatches, Old school Datsuns, Corollas and RX Mazdas. What makes those cars a hot rod? Back 10-15 years ago, they called any High HP straight line import a hot rod. I always used to think any hot rod is a car with a short wheelbase a lots of power, no matter the engine the body type or where its from. But what is the definition of an "Import Hot Rod"? Post your thoughts. 馃

Registered
My definition of a hot rod is a car that has been extensively modified to improve performance, It doesn't matter if it's import or domestic. If someone said classic or traditional hot rod I would think they were talking at old school 20's 30's model cars that were lightened and had the engine modified or replaced with a bigger/better engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts